Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5 discount - why are DJI treating the UK differently?
881 2 2016-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simonm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 406886 ft

You may have noticed that DJI have recently reduced the price of the Zenmuse X5 which is good news for those of us thinking of upgrading. However the UK seems to be getting a poor deal compared to the rest of the world. Without the lens there is a discount of £150 but if we buy it with the lens then it's only £110! So they're effectively increasing the price of the lens by £40.

For every other territory the value discount is the same with or without the lens so why is the UK being treated differently? I can't see any logical reason for this so emailed DJI saying I thought they may have made a mistake only to be told that pricing decisions were complicated and 'hadn't I noticed the UK was no longer part of Europe which leads to higher customs tarrifs and taxes'. The fact that we're still part of the EU and will be for the next two years or more doesn't seem to have been taken on board. Anyway that still doesn't explain the discrepancy for adding a lens.

If anybody can figure out why DJI have done this it would be interesting to know. All I can suggest is we buy the Olympus lens instead and pocket the £40 saving, so not exactly an incentive to buy the DJI lens.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, Simon, thanks for the feedback. Product prices in DJI official online store are various from country to country because of different shipping fee, VAT and customs duties. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2016-8-11
Use props
simonm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 406886 ft

DJI Store Posted at 2016-8-12 15:18
Hi, Simon, thanks for the feedback. Product prices in DJI official online store are various from cou ...

I appreciate that but I'm not querying the different discount levels / values between countries. My point is that in every other territory apart from the UK, the discount is the same value for the X5 whether it is bought with a lens or without a lens.

Why isn't this the case in the UK? Our tariffs are the same as for the rest of the EU so it's nothing to do with that. This isn't a big issue and it could be seen as we are getting a larger discount for not buying it with a lens but it just doesn't make sense to me as it gives buyers an incentive not to purchase the DJI lens. I really can't see any logic here which is why I though it must be a mistake. I'll leave it at that.
2016-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules