35028 25 2016-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kerberos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi guys, this is my second video about drifting. I've took in account your suggestions from my previous shots and hope the results are improved this time. Footage was shot some minutes before the sunset, sun position and long shadows were so nice. Original DJI ND16 filter was used (ND8 was too bright) and then edited and color corrected through Premiere.

Just a minute of video, short but intense. Hope you like it!

2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice, and going under that overhang was looked great and perfect timing.
2016-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Neat some people get all the great jobs, thanks for sharing
2016-8-11
Use props
NoPanic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7149 ft
France

So cool ! I hope you'll upload more videos about drifting.
Which Phantom did you use ?
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Cool and excellent !
2016-8-11
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Thanks guys!

@NoPanic, it's a Phantom 3 Professional.
2016-8-11
Use props
jtushick
New

United States

Love the video! You can correct the horizon tilt on your quick turn, not sure if it would do any good during your quick turns,  but keep posting! I'm a huge cat fanatic and am still learning the lenses. I love the lense and quality of your editing at such degree of patience in making sure you get the timing down. It takes great passion and hard work to get those perfect shots. I work on street racing videos and don't have the luxury of a closed track,  but I know it takes a lot of "pre" planning when it comes to power lines and obstacles. I love how you cut under the horizontal pole. Its always my worst nightmare when I film to fly under signs and you did a phenom all job.  Can't wait to see more!
2016-8-12
Use props
jtushick
New

United States

Car not "cat" fanatic lol ^^
2016-8-12
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

jtushick Posted at 2016-8-12 16:02
Love the video! You can correct the horizon tilt on your quick turn, not sure if it would do any goo ...

Thank you very much for your feedback, very appreciated! You are right about the horizon level, I corrected it in some scenes, then I replaced some of them and forgot to apply the correction again. My fault.

[ot] About the horizon level issue, I searched on the whole forum time ago and as you know it still appears to be quite common. I did all the suggested tricks, but it seems to me that it happens mostly when the phantom is warming up and takeoff from a not leveled surface. Next time I'll do some specific tests to understand if there's a pattern and how to reproduce it. [/ot]
2016-8-12
Use props
Aaron Allred
lvl.2

United States

wow that was awesome! what was the name of the track you were drifting on? Great vid thanks for sharing!
2016-8-13
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Really Nice!, that reminded me of when Need for speed came out on my gaming system, I watched that into 100 times a day, lol

thanx for sharing
2016-8-13
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Aaron Allred Posted at 2016-8-13 16:24
wow that was awesome! what was the name of the track you were drifting on? Great vid thanks for shar ...

Thanks Aaron!
The track is "Circuito del Sele", located near Salerno, south Italy. Born as kart track about 20 years ago, it was only 800 meters long. Today is a national track with 3 configurations for all kind of vehicles, the longest one measures 1800 meters (1 mile). Not very long, but it's the best we can have in south Italy so far and prices for renting the whole track or for a track day are very very low.
2016-8-13
Use props
Aaron Allred
lvl.2

United States

Sweet. Thanks for the info. And again AWESOME VIDEO!  
2016-8-14
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is pretty intense flying!

I've only shot at one track, but I got nowhere near as awesome footage.

I did a lot more of a mix of cameras (DSLR, zoom camera, GoPro) so that I had more than just drone.

I can't even imagine flying your shots...
2016-8-15
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Thanks Morrisson! I really like your video editing, multi camera is the way to go in order to get more action, of course it requires a certain amount of time to select scenes in post production. Next time I'll try to add a GoPro onboard and a field recording device for sounds.
2016-8-15
Use props
gbrgraham
lvl.1

Brilliant
2016-8-16
Use props
bigmouth.kwok
lvl.2
Taiwan

Excellent work
2016-8-16
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

kerberos Posted at 2016-8-15 15:48
Thanks Morrisson! I really like your video editing, multi camera is the way to go in order to get mo ...

No problem! Honestly most of the sound effects were added in. We had on camera audio, but nothing spectacular. I had a guy do audio and add in a lot of it.

I loved your ideas of shots! I've been flying for quite some time and the shots you chose are great. There's definitely a risk in flying some of those shots, but I'd say the reward of how awesome they are far outweighed the risk!

Best,
Gavin
2016-8-17
Use props
lcolbert
New

United States

Very nice!  What were your camera settings kerberos?
2016-8-17
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Here you are:

- 1080p 60fps
- ISO 100
- Shutter 1/120
- ND16 filter
- D-Log gamma mode
- Sharpness -2
- Contrast -2
- Saturation -2
- Manual white balance

Edited and color corrected in Adobe Premiere CC.

2016-8-17
Use props
jtushick
New

Yes!thank you for the video info, you rock! I've been trying different modes at 4k and realize I lose out (fps) on quality because it can't do enough fps for fast moving objects. This is great info altogether, of course lighting and so many factors come into play for each film
2016-8-18
Use props
Slug69
New

Australia

Excellent stuff. Great choice to go under the sign too. With great risks sometimes come great rewards!

Bravo.
2016-9-22
Use props
Poplava
lvl.1
Flight distance : 619921 ft
Ukraine

Very very very NICE! Looking forward to see your next movie with cars
2016-9-22
Use props
Karuna Khinhin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 364278 ft

Nice Video!
2016-9-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great video exhilarating good job..
2016-9-22
Use props
Vlad Zaytsev2 6
New
Flight distance : 1056 ft
Russia

Challenging tracks for the film, you do not envy, poles and start construction in the future, try to close the straight section of the route and remove the lawn along the road in a straight line the car up to 70 km can think. Tranquility and you nerves of steel when shooting and carefully review all the obstacles before the start.
2016-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules