Battery question for the phantom 2+v3.0
773 5 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

i have a brand new phantom 2+v3.0 and have flown it already.  Flew great.  However , I only used one of the batteries, which I left at around 30% until I fly again . The other was fully charged and it'll b a total of 3 days between when I charged it and when I use it. Is this safe for the battery or too long?

Opinions would be appreciated.
2015-1-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

No problem with the batteries.
2015-1-27
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

If you're running the latest battery firmware, your batteries will auto discharge to a safe level if you leave them charged for 10+ days. That said, it's perfectly safe to keep them fully charged.
2015-1-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Yes, o.k as per Gerry, if you do a search in your manual you will find the new batteries are designed to dis-charge themselves if sitting for more than 10 days so they do not swell!
In any event, always good to make sure your batteries are fully charged before take off.
Note: there is als a statement in the instructions on cycling the batteries, ie. After every "x" number of charges to drain them to a certain point and then recharge,
2015-1-27
Use props
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

PhantomHelp Posted at 2015-1-28 11:35
If you're running the latest battery firmware, your batteries will auto discharge to a safe level if ...

Thank you. And yes, I have tried to make sure all my firmware is up to date.  So as far as I know, it is.  
2015-1-27
Use props
motnahp
lvl.1

Australia

20 times i think so
2015-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules