How do i clean a spot on sensor..NOT on the built in filter befor...
1250 5 2016-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frank_novak
lvl.1

Canada

Hello,

We recenlty shot for a tv show at a consturction site that had talcom like dust blowing constantly in the air.  As a result we now somehow have gotten these tiny dust particles on the sensor itself.  It is seald behind the UV filter inside the x5 body so how it got in behind that i have no idea.  We see 4 screws on the lens side of the body but they are extremely tight (most likely lock tight was used on them).  

We were wondering if there is a way to open up the x5 to get behind the built in filter to blow out the dust on the sensor itself?

I cannot find any video or documents online about taking apart the x5.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In order to keep the warranty in tact, it would be recommended to have the camera sent in for service. Have you been in contact with our North American Support Team about this issue as well?
2016-8-12
Use props
Going Above and
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-12 13:21
In order to keep the warranty in tact, it would be recommended to have the camera sent in for servic ...

DJI Jamie,

I believe this is a warranty issue.  Can i just contact my seller and ask for a replacement?  I am in Canada and the only service center here in Canada does not 'service' the camera.  Which service center should i contact regarding this warranty issue?

2016-8-15
Use props
Insieme Agency
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420449 ft
Hungary

Can you upload a picture here?
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Going Above and Posted at 2016-8-15 22:23
DJI Jamie,

I believe this is a warranty issue.  Can i just contact my seller and ask for a replac ...

I concur a picture would be great to better evaluate. To get started with a warranty claim, however, the best course of action would be to be to contact the North American Support Team at support.us@dji.com.
2016-8-15
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

With respect, I'm struggling to see how dust getting into a camera (following a flight in a dusty environment) can be a warranty issue.
Send it in to them for a quote.
2016-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules