Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How To Preload Maps
6820 17 2016-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
julmirecki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 368186 ft
United States

Can anybody tell me how to preload maps in advance, where there is no access to WiFi
I have Ipad mini 2 none cellular and P3P.
Thanks!
2016-8-12
Use props
rreindl
First Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I go into the Google Maps App then zoom into the area that I will be flying and then open the DJI Go App map section moving to the area I will be flying. After that I head out to fly and the maps will be show.
2016-8-12
Use props
julmirecki
lvl.3
United States

I'll try that,
Thanks
2016-8-12
Use props
rreindl
First Officer
United States

One thing to verify is make sure under "General Settings" in the DJI App that the "Cache Map in the Background" is enabled.
2016-8-12
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft
United States

There is no need to go to Google Maps.  Based on a old thread DJI-Go app has not been able to access Goggle Maps for several years.  You just use to GO app displayed map to pan/zoom to save the map data you need.
2016-8-12
Use props
stuka
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

ShuanD Posted at 2016-8-13 00:59
There is no need to go to Google Maps.  Based on a old thread DJI-Go app has not been able to access ...

That is the technique I've been using successfully since I got my unit.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

For Android, the maps are cached automatically.
For you IOS device, you just enable cached maps in background from the General Settings tab.
2016-8-12
Use props
rreindl
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-13 01:16
For you IOS device, you just enable cached maps in b ...

Are you saying I do not need to go to Google Map anymore and just go to the location in the map of the DJI Go App?
2016-8-12
Use props
julmirecki
lvl.3
United States

I got the part about enabling the cached maps, but how do I mark the area I'm going to?
2016-8-12
Use props
billwish76
Second Officer

ok first start dji go app befor ac and tx go to the aircraft you have on app then pan around the map for where you are flyin.  then connect the ac and tx.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rreindl Posted at 2016-8-13 01:35
Are you saying I do not need to go to Google Map anymore and just go to the location in the map of ...

That is correct.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

julmirecki Posted at 2016-8-13 01:39
I got the part about enabling the cached maps, but how do I mark the area I'm going to?

While at home on WiFi open the app (aircraft does not have to be on) and say you are going to be flying in a very large park. Go to that are on the map then it is cached. Close the app and when you get to the area you'll have that map.

If you are flying in different areas say in a several mile radius you would have all that area shown in the map while at home. BUT, one area is better as if you do a large area and not zoomed in very much when you get to the flying area it will not zoom in to the park you are at and have detail like trees and whatnot.
2016-8-12
Use props
julmirecki
lvl.3
United States

That makes sense know, thanks
2016-8-12
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-12 12:16
For you IOS device, you just enable cached maps in b ...

For what it's worth, Ken, it does not work on my iPad Mini2 either.  No matter what I do in the app, there is no map.  When I bring up Google Maps, the map pops up immediately on DJI Go.  I haven't tried flying with it since doing that, but I did restart the app later and the map was still there without GM running,.
2016-8-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-8-14 06:15
For what it's worth, Ken, it does not work on my iPad Mini2 either.  No matter what I do in the ap ...

That is strange, it must be a setting you have on your iPad.
Your saying the map doesn't come up at all, on WiFi or not?
You're not zoomed in the way are you?
2016-8-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

That is strange, it must be a setting you have on your iPad.

What would it be?  Wifi is always on, as I have no reason to turn it off. If it was off, Google Maps wouldn't have worked.

Your saying the map doesn't come up at all, on WiFi or not?

I've never tried the DJI Go app with Wifi turned off on the iPad.

You're not zoomed in the way are you?

If you meant "zoomed in all the way", no.  When the map loaded (because I loaded Google Maps on the iPad), I could see about a half mile north and south of me on the map.

2016-8-13
Use props
dubbin1
lvl.2

United States

I would like to know how you guys are getting Google maps to work with iOS in the GO app. On my iPad Mini 2 I get Apple maps while using DJI GO (yes I have Google Maps installed).
2016-8-14
Use props
McAfeeMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51617 ft
United States

I am following this discussion and find it partly helpful. I will try the steps recommended by DJI-Ken with my iPad Mini 4 WiFi only device. I am hopeful that the option to view the map in Go 4 Geo Zones is the right approach.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules