Slave mode PLEASE HELP
2132 4 2016-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hyperp8nt
lvl.1

United States

Is there away to take a controller out of slave mode without having to connect to aircraft. Master control does not work .
Thanks
2016-8-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I understand you correctly, all you need to do is select master in the Go App and then link the aircraft to the remote. I just did this process today with my Inspire 1. I sent the slave controller into the shop and they linked it to the Inspire. So I just switched it out... works great
Edit;

More information

Rich
2016-8-12
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 497530 ft
United States

I purchased a used controller on eBay because my master controller was not working (did I purchase it from you, lol?). The video Rich posted suggests that you need to have a master controller connected to the Inspire 1 before you can enter camera view on the slave controller to set it to master. I think that may be the issue - that without a working master controller connected to the Inspire, the slave controller can not enter camera view. I've tried it on multiple devices (iPad Air 2, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5C, iPod Touch 5th Gen, Moto G). I've tried multiple USB cables, downgrading the app on Android, downgrading iOS, factory restoring. It just won't enter camera view, so that I can make the switch. It only shows the 'how to connect' button in the app.

So...Is there anybody who can say with certainty if you need a master controller powered on and connected to the Inspire before you can enter camera view on a slave controller to change it to master?
Even if somebody could test this out, it would be greatly appreciated.
2016-8-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-13 07:34
I purchased a used controller on eBay because my master controller was not working (did I purchase i ...

Sorry for the confusion. You only need to turn on the remote that you wish to connect to the aircraft. The Go App will let you enter camera view once it is turned on and connected to the iPad. Then follow the instructions in this video.

Rich
2016-8-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you're having difficulty accessinng the camera view to follow Rich's advice, you can do the following button combination to remove any presets on the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote
2016-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules