WiFi Tablet
1759 11 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

I'm new to the flying and have an Inspire 1 on order for work and after reading about the Apple issues was wondering how well a WiFi tablet works with the Inspire 1?  If I'm not around a WiFi hotspot and flying then does the map update?  Just wondering how all this works without any internet access.

Also, which iPads "were" approved for the Inspire 1?  We have 2 brand new iPad (4th Gens) with WiFi only and was wondering if these would work well with the Inspire 1 (with the .92 version that is) once we get it.
2015-1-27
Use props
rmaxwell.email
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

In the pilot app, you can turn on map caching in the background.  While you are connected to WiFi at your home you can scroll to the location where you are going to be flying.  Zoom into the highest magnification and scroll around any part of the area where you intend to fly.  The app will store this map and be available to you when you reach your flying site without being connected to the internet.

Ray
2015-1-27
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Ray for that information.  Is this in both the Apple and Android versions?  Are you flying with iPad or Android?
2015-1-28
Use props
pidetectives.em
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thers no app for Ipad yet.
2015-1-28
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

I thought there were "unsupported" beta versions (0.91 or 0.92) that people were using.
2015-1-28
Use props
pidetectives.em
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apple pulled the app from store
2015-1-28
Use props
rmaxwell.email
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

wtaylor Posted at 2015-1-29 00:10
Thanks Ray for that information.  Is this in both the Apple and Android versions?  Are you flying wi ...

I am using the Apple iPad Air 2.  I downloaded the app before it was withdrawn.

Ray
2015-1-28
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

rmaxwell.email Posted at 2015-1-29 00:46
I am using the Apple iPad Air 2.  I downloaded the app before it was withdrawn.

Ray

Ok, thanks.  Will it run on an iPad Gen 4?  I have some of them already and just don't want to buy anything (Android or Apple) until I know exactly how everything will be.
2015-1-28
Use props
Propslinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19633 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even if you can find the app, unless you have Ipad Air or Mini it won't fit into the supplied tablet holder. I don't have mine yet, so I'm only going by what I've read.
2015-1-28
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

Propslinger Posted at 2015-1-29 00:54
Even if you can find the app, unless you have Ipad Air or Mini it won't fit into the supplied tablet ...

Oh, thought it was for any iPad... not a particular size.  Thought it was the processor that was the major holdup.
2015-1-28
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

it has a 170mm limit which the Air is 169.5 so it was "made for" the Air.  Thanks for all this information.
2015-1-28
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

Can anyone tell me what all needs to be stored on the devices so I can know the size (16GB, 64GB, 128GB) that I'd need for the Inspire 1?
2015-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules