Inspire 1 - Crashed drone-Return to Home couldn't stop on Androi...
1300 3 2016-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matejv
New
Flight distance : 50682 ft

Slovenia

I was just about to land the drone when RTH kicked in (low battery) - but as every other time I expected obvious notification on the Android app, which enabled me to stop this function, but this time there was none! At that moment my inspire 1 was below the trees soo you know what happened. It asscended to 20m and got messy with the tree. Result is crashed drone with two broken carbon arms. I am super mad.
Android app version - 2.8.3.
Inspire 1 - updated to 1.9.1.30 (both drone + remote)

Can someone report the same issue? App didn't allow to stop RTH function as every other time did. There was no "slide button" notification that enabled you to stop the RTH.

Thanks,
2016-8-13
Use props
djiuser_JHt8SSqrEs6o
New

United States

I just had the same exact thing happen with my spark. I was bringing it in to land and all the sudden the sticks stopped working and RTH enabled. I watched as I was completely powerless mashing the 'x' trying to cancel as my drone repeatedly went up and down into the tree I was under until it managed to flip upside down and rocket straight to the compact road..

I felt totally powerless as my 6 hours of hard labor hit the ground in a dusty explosion of propellers.

I seriously hope DJI will replace it because this happened the day I was putting DJI Care Refresh on it.  

I've been flying for 3 years and have Never EVER experienced such a malfunction.
2019-7-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that - hope you get it fixed and back in the air quickly
2019-8-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_JHt8SSqrEs6o Posted at 7-21 08:24
I just had the same exact thing happen with my spark. I was bringing it in to land and all the sudden the sticks stopped working and RTH enabled. I watched as I was completely powerless mashing the 'x' trying to cancel as my drone repeatedly went up and down into the tree I was under until it managed to flip upside down and rocket straight to the compact road..

I felt totally powerless as my 6 hours of hard labor hit the ground in a dusty explosion of propellers.

Any updates?
2019-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules