Brand New Inspire One DOA
694 4 2016-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
estoppeyracing
lvl.1

Hi,
I have been a DJI pilot for a couple years working my way up from the Naza Lite sysem in homebuilt quads to the Phantom series to finally an Inspire One.  Last month I was finally able to aquire an Dji Inspire One and was extremely anxious to use it on an upcoming trip to the east coast of Canada.

I received the aircraft a couple days before embarking on the trip.  I read through all the materials and watched countless youtube videos in anticipation of my new camera rig.  Upon opening the case, everything went as planned.  I charged the battery and inserted it into the aircraft.  I then charged up the remote and then powered it up and took the aircraft out of travel mode.  I then powered it back down to install the camera.  thats when I was greeted with a "No Image Transmission Signal" on the app.

I then made sure the app was upgraded to the newest version and then proceeded to upgrade the firmware on the aircraft.  I first installed v1.3 firmware and it failed, then tried again and it failed.  I then tried v1.8 and it failed as well.  I upgraded the radio to v1.3 without issue and then upgraded the radio again through the Dji Go app.  I then went online and spoke to DJI support chat and spent about an hour troubleshooting including installing the version 1.9 firmware which failed.  I was then instructed to extract a hidden log file on the sd card and upload it.  The DJI rep then confirmed that there was an issue with the aircraft and it would have to be sent in to DJI US service Center and instructed me to call them in the morning.

The next day, I called into the service center and was greeted with helpful staff and we went through the troubleshooting steps which the DJI rep was convinced it was a firmware issue until I once again sent in the hidden log file to which they confirmed it was an issue with the aircraft.

Here is where everything goes downhill.  I was instructed to take everything out of the hardcase and ONLY ship the aircraft.  I open the case and take everything out of the case and place the aircraft in the case and seal it with the customer info sheet and invoice of purchase.  I receive a shipping label from UPS and send the unit in as instructed. The unit reached the service center a week later and I track the progress and notice it only takes 9 minutes for DJI to service and repair my unit.  It took another 4 days for them to ship it out and another week to reach me.  I open up the case and see a note that states that the customer didnt send in the remote or camera and the aircraft was fine.

I take the aircraft out of the case and try to use it and ofcourse it has the same issue and I have lost a month of shooting, and Im still sitting on a nearly $5k(Canadian) DJI Rig.  I have been in contact with the service center since I have received the unit back and they have switched from the dji freshdesk ticket system to another system that they say they cant disclose. I was told to pack everything back up and send it back.  A shipping lable would be sent in 24 hours. I have not received anything just an invitation to do a service survey.

That was last Tuesday. On Thursday I called back and another rep said he seen nothing regarding my file or the issues I was having.  I was then given a case number rather than a RMA number and was told to pack the Aircraft, Radio, and Camera as well as the Invoice and Customer Info Sheet back into a box and I would Receive another shipping label in 24 hours.

Friday I called back asking about the Shipping label and the Rep stated that I have already shipped the unit in for repair.  I explained that I was to ship it back to actually be repaired this time.  After being on hold for 10 minutes or so I was told that I could expect a shipping label within 24 hours and confirmed that I have packed everything minus the props, cabels and battery.  Just the aircraft, camera and radio.

I have heard nothing.  The vendor who I purchased this rig off is an authorized DJI reseller but doesnt have any more in stock, this is he reason why I decided to deal directly with DJI.  What a nightmare this is turning out to be.  

2016-8-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Estoppeyracing.  I am sorry for your experience.  Can you please give us the ticket number of your current case the the prior RMA number of your prior case.  I will request that it be escalated.  
2016-8-13
Use props
estoppeyracing
lvl.1

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-8-14 08:25
Estoppeyracing.  I am sorry for your experience.  Can you please give us the ticket number of your c ...

Thank you for your reply Tahoe_Ed.  

My case number is: CAS-220713-R8Y7H1 and the prior RMA number is: 0720201679154324049

Regards,
E
2016-8-13
Use props
estoppeyracing
lvl.1

Just an update...  I received the UPS Shipping label today.

Thanks Tahoe_Ed for escalating the matter.  Hopefully I'll be able to fly soon.

Regards,
E
2016-8-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to hear.  
2016-8-14
Use props