Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Steady Light
1289 7 2016-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goody317
lvl.2
  • >>>

Hi there guys! So I purchased an Osmo Handle Kit since I already own a Zenmuse x5 camera I wanted to use it with the adapter.

Charged the battery fully and setup it all up but nothing would happen the left light is steady yellow and the right light blinks and then a few seconds is steady.
The camera would not calibrate at all and my cellphone would not show the Osmo under Wifi settings.

Chatted with a DJI support representative and sent them a video.

Representative told me to follow some steps hoever these required me to have the Osmo Wifi on which it doesn't appear on my phone. Also I asked if the Osmo Wifi should show up even if there is no camera mounted and he answer yes but this doesn't work either. With camera or not nothing happens.

So I thought I'd return the unit and I went into the Adorama store in NYC and before purchasing it I asked if I could try it out since I had a problem with the unit not working.

Same thing happens on the new Osmo handle. Are both produts defective or am I doing something wrong?
I read on the manual that a steady yellow line is an SD card error, however even changing the card does nothing and shouldn't the wifi be on even without a card/camera?

Very frustrating situation I just wished these products would work out of the box. I am even thinking of buying a whole new Osmo with the x3 and then just sell the x3 on eBay or something, I don't know what else to do - any help is appreciated.

2016-8-13
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, please try this. Go here and download OSMO Pro Firmware v1.1.0.10, put the bin file into a SD card after you format the SD card.

http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads

Put your X5 on your handle with adapter, put the SD card in X5 and press “trigger+record(red dot)+power switch” button for several seconds, your Osmo will start updating and blinking red and green for about ten minutes.  See if this works.
2016-8-15
Use props
goody317
lvl.2
  • >>>

Thank you.
Downloading the firmware and following the steps did not help my issue.

The light would blink red and green for more than an hour with no luck.
No log file appeared in my sd card root to ckeck anything (yes hidden folders was enabled)
Resetting Wifi network did nothing on my osmo as the light never blinked

Have done this to the two osmos it seems after all this frustration and time wasted the units perhaps are indeed defective?

Horrible experience with DJI products what a time wasted and stressful situation.

Nothing to do here but probably buy an osmo with the x3 camera and replace it with my x5 to see if it works, more money and time wasted regardless.
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

goody317 Posted at 2016-8-15 15:42
Thank you.
Downloading the firmware and following the steps did not help my issue.

Again, we're very sorry. Your Osmo handle's wifi chip seems defective.   A functioning handle will Not show a wifi signal if it doesn't have a camera on it.(What the rep told you was wrong)

If you haven't tried yet, please try a different Osmo handle with your camera on, you should see the wifi then. If

2016-8-15
Use props
goody317
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-16 15:47
Again, we're very sorry. Your Osmo handle's wifi chip seems defective.   A functioning handle will  ...

I went to the DJI store in Manhanttan and we tested the products and got the following results:

OSMO Handle Kit = Works fine
X5 Adapter = Seems to work fine
X5 Camera works fine in the DJI Inspire 1 Pro

X5 Camera doesn't work with the OSMO Handle (with x5 adapter)

So the x5 works with the Inspire 1 pro but not with the Osmo as the Osmo wifi is not available in mobile device.
Can't update the firmware as it only blinks, I even left it overnight and nothing happened the next day it never updates the firmware.
Resseting the Wifi doesn't do anything at all.

Conclusion? We have no idea what to do.
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

goody317 Posted at 2016-8-16 18:01
I went to the DJI store in Manhanttan and we tested the products and got the following results:

OS ...

Hi, how do you know the X5 adapter works fine?  According to your description, it looks like the X5 camera isn't connected to the Osmo handle at all.(thus no wifi)  I suggest trying another adapter

2016-8-16
Use props
goody317
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-17 10:31
Hi, how do you know the X5 adapter works fine?  According to your description, it looks like the X5 ...

After your message I went ahead and purchased a new adapter from B&H and the osmo x5 & Osmo worked!Finally after so many days of fustration and trying different things.

Hopefully someone who will encounter this same issue will have a solution like me.

Thank you for all the help!
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

goody317 Posted at 2016-8-17 12:16
After your message I went ahead and purchased a new adapter from B&H and the osmo x5 & Osmo worked! ...

Again, we're very sorry, hope you're doing fine with your Osmo now. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us through social media or post on the forum.
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules