Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3S poor signal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The_Hawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28369 ft
Australia

I've only flown my P3S a few times, but range was seeming to be a bit of an issue (to be fair I was in suburbia, but still over a lake) and my video would drop out at only 100m.

So I went all out and did the DBS mod, which went great (also installed the Inspire 1 mount).  It all went great, everything fires up perfectly.

So I went for my first flight with the new setup today.  It's very much improved, in fact the video feed never dropped out once... even when it dropped the control signal and did a RTH.

What I don't understand is that this was only at 320m/370m which was a little dissappointing for this upgrade, especially when the video seems to work flawlessly the whole time.  To the best of my knowledge I'm pointing the antenna in the right direction the whole time too.

Here is a the two flights:

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=BWRDmz

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=dszrOE

For reference, it's not really near people or signals either:

Is there some setting or something I'm missing here?  Something I'm doing wrong?
2016-8-14
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you need more distance a P3A or P3P would be the next upgrade! I have read this a lot about this  on this forum. Folks buy a P3S, are not satified with the distance they get from their P3S, spend a bunch more money on upgrades to their RC, still not satified, then upgrade to a P3A or P3P.
2016-8-14
Use props
The_Hawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28369 ft
Australia

I can see how that happens   The P3S is a gateway drone, get's you hooked at an (almost) justifiable price.  The step up to the Advanced or Professional (or the 4) is just too much for the average person, especially when you consider I have spent less money on cars, whole driving car vs what is a toy for many (most) of us.

Reality is that *most* things that I would want to film/photograph are well and truly within range, the upgrades for me were mostly to ensure a strong video signal, range was a bit of a bonus.  Even so, I was expecting more.  I upgraded the firmware on mine out of the box and before flying, I'm currently reading up on downgrading the firmware which has mixed reports of improvements.
2016-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules