Issue with IMU calibration on P3 ADV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mike_71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277057 ft
United States

Hi all, I have a new Phantom 3 Advanced, I fly it with an ipad air 2 I bought for the task.  I have 2 batteries.  Everything is running 1.9.60 and 1.60 the latest firmwares.  I am having an issue since I got it where it gets stuck in IMU calibration.  Also it tells me the firmware on the aircraft is Unknown version and needs to be upgraded, also tells me the remote firmware is unknown version and needs to be upgraded randomly.  However the 2 issues dont always coincide but usually do.

I will turn on the quad, it does its power up things, it says home point updated and i have 15 gps sats, and are in p-gps mode and then i do the CSC and it tells me IMU calibration in progress dont move the aircraft until complete.  And it will continue to do this doesnt matter how long I wait.  I managed to get it working once by turning everything off and back on a couple times but usually it doesnt work, I end up going home, then when I go back the next day it usually works ok.

When it does fly it flies great and doesnt seem to have any issues at all, really impressive when it flies.

Any ideas what I can do?  If the drone is defective I need to figure that out asap as the return window ends soon from Amazon.  Seems more like a firmware issue than hardware to me but I ahve no idea.  

BTW, when it says that message about IMU calibrating in the top left corner of the screen in yellow, if I go to the P-GPS tab it says IMU status is green/ok.  

Thanks
EDIT: I was saying IMU Calibration but i believe it actually said IMU initilization.

2016-8-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Mike, did you drone crash or have any hard-landings before? Have you tried to reinstall the app? What's more, if it is convenient, please post some screenshots of this issue as well as the hidden upgrade log here. Steps below:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-8-14
Use props
mike_71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277057 ft
United States

Never had a crash, never had a hard landing.  Only have about 5 flights on it total.   I will try to get the screenshot and the logs.

Tonight I had the same problem and did a IMU calibration and it worked and let me fly 2 flights in a row with no issues so maybe what I needed was a calibration?  That still leaves the firmware unknown and firmware needs upgrade even though the firmware is up to date though.
2016-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules