2746 5 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Hello Guys,

I've searched Google and found very little on this topic. Can the Ronin work correctly with a v-mount brick battery mounted to the rear? I tried tonight and had to use a 50mm 1.2 prime as anything heavier or longer made it too front heavy and I couldn't slide the dove-tail back any further due to the brick hitting the rear Ronin arms.

At this point it looks like I have 2 choices, buy Red Volts or those $400 extension arms by that 3rd party company.

Any other advice to successfully balance + use the DJI app to be able to use in the meantime? ---

I don't care about tilting I just want to be able to pan.

Thank you,

Scott

2015-1-27
Use props
wjh
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have you tried it with some IDX slimline batteries? With your current set up it could work perhaps.

Your third option could be getting the Freefly IDX side mount for the RED and with the IDX slimline batteries. As a investment I'd recommend that then getting Red Volts as they only give you about 15min running time compared to 30min on the IDX.
2015-1-28
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

wjh@aweltd.com Posted at 2015-1-28 19:24
Have you tried it with some IDX slimline batteries? With your current set up it could work perhaps.

That would work if I had a Red Touch but I use a non touch HDMI monitor so I require the side handle to control the camera. I guess I'm stuck with Red Volts.
2015-1-28
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

I've gotten this far...but app keeps telling me center of gravity is off and to re-balance my gimbal.

When power is off, It's as balanced as I can get it. When I turn power on and run the auto tune via DJI app it adjusts and has a -15 roll lean to the right even though it's not falling to that side without power.

What's my issue?

2015-1-28
Use props
studio.digitalr
lvl.1

Australia

I mount a V_lock battery to the crossbar using the quick back.. Works really well. you just need to get a long DTap to Lemo power cable.
2015-1-28
Use props
wjh
lvl.1

United Kingdom

scooterlam Posted at 2015-1-29 02:00
That would work if I had a Red Touch but I use a non touch HDMI monitor so I require the side hand ...

Yea in that case maybe the Red Volts are the best option. The camera would be lighter overall however I'd suggest getting as much Red Volts you can. They take ages to charge and quick to run out. We have 5 and it's not enough for a full day's shoot– even replacing the big V lock you got atm and have the IDX slims would be good as well.

2015-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules