Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Starting off with drones
837 2 2016-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christopher.fer
New

Portugal

Hello everyone!

I'm about to start my journey in the drone field with a Phantom  2. I don't know much of drones so i want to start low and see what happens.

I aws wondering, can you monitor your flight with the phantom 2 using a smartphone like the more modern drones? Also, can you use third-party action cameras like the and still get the advantages of the gimble? I know the mounts are compatible with the GoPro ones but i'm not sure if it will work alike.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher Ferreira
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can tell you that a Phantom 3 is much more advanced than a Phantom 2.
If you get the older P2 then you have to spend money on a FPV system involving a GoPro, FPV monitor, FPV TX/RX, possibly monitor lipo batteries, and all cables.If you get the later Phantom 2 Vision+ then you have a complete system and it's own app. But still the P3 is a much better choice.
If you want a really clean look and powerful FPV system with all the camera controls and tons of feature then you really should look into a P3.
Here's a P3 comparison page. P2 is at end of life for DJI so you are much better off with a P3.
http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom

2016-8-15
Use props
christopher.fer
New

Portugal

Thank you for your feedback Ken!
2016-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules