[SOLVED] problem drone app not connecting to Remote control
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vaupell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198392 ft
Denmark

repost,

Was updating my drone, which worked out fine.
LOG : below the post..

WHILE the drone was updating it's firmware, the ANDROID APP AUTO UPDATED ITSELF!!!!!
preventing me from updating the remote. I did not realise this until after the drone was done.

Drone updated from 1.3.20 to 1.8.80 to 1.9.60  all ok..  

So what to do, because the new android app will not let me use "camera mode"
I tryed the old way...  Via a cable to the gimbal.

- SD card in the drone
- Cable from GIMBAL (not drone) to remote
- Power up the drone
- Power up the remote
and...  nothing..  all i get when connected like that is a GREEN LIGHT on the remote. constantly
and a single D...........D...............D............D............D
I was exspecting to get DDDD........DDDD   or  atleast D...DD.......D...DD

Instead nothing, so my guess the remote is still on 1.3.20 and i cant connect to it via the new android app,
and that means i can't link the drone to the remote.

So basically i locked my self out.

This is what the tutorial shows i should see..
DJIbutton.PNG

This is what im actually seeing.
noButton.png

Tryed installing old android app version 1.2.0 but it also refuses to connect with the remote.
So how would you suggest i fix the remote.

Should i try to re-flash 1.3.20 via the cable through the drone? wouldnt that downgrade the drone also?
considering the app does not let me connect it cannot update the remote.

Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.08.15 15:55:24 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.08.15 18:07:08 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

2016-8-15
Use props
Vaupell
lvl.2
Denmark

Well by now i figured i have the same problem as all of these users right here..   the USB connection...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-35849-1-1.html
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vaupell Posted at 2016-8-16 02:56
Well by now i figured i have the same problem as all of these users right here..   the USB connecti ...

Have you gotten it sorted out, your RC needs to be on 1.6.
2016-8-15
Use props
Vaupell
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-15 21:20
Have you gotten it sorted out, your RC needs to be on 1.6.

Unfortunately not.

I tryed

- Different phones, tablets.
- Different USB cables
- The hold C1+C2 and the single record button for reset, then power down and up while holding.
it just produces a lot of bipping.
- Wanted to try to enablel USB teathering solution on my device while connected to the remote, but it's disabled on my devices and only recognizes the remote as a battery pack.

Tryed flashing firmware to 1.3.40 i believe it is, that's the last known working version for me, but
neither using a USB drive, or cable to the drone seems to start the firmware update.

So i'm worried i just got a exspensive piece of plastic remote right now.

Any ideas on how i get in contact with the remote?
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Vaupell Posted at 2016-8-16 03:27
Unfortunately not.

I tryed

Is the RC LED green and will can you tilt the camera?
When you said your USB is connected as a battery, I'm not understanding.
When you have the RC on and plugged into your Android device, if you swipe down from the top and it may say "USB for Charging". If it does then tap that and change it to MIDI devices or Software Installation and it should connect.
2016-8-15
Use props
Vaupell
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-15 22:09
Is the RC LED green and will can you tilt the camera?
When you said your USB is connected as a bat ...

ok..

1 - If i turn on the RC and the Drone the RC shows green light but the drone shows yellow fast blinking. which means i have to relink the remote to the drone.

to be able to relink the drone i need the app to run.

2 - i connect my tablet to the remote and turn it no, run the DJI GO app, and nothing happens. The app cannot connect, and the phone is just charging it's batteri from the remote.
When i slide down and try to switch USB mode, it's grayed out - because it's not detecting anything on the data strings in the usb cable - which means the remote is not sending or receiving data.

I change the cable for debugging, no change.
I test both cables by connecting them to my phone and then to my PC and the data connection opens fine and my phone i can now select USB mode just fine.  
I unplug the cable from my pc, insert it into the RC, and the phone is now unable to switch USB mode.

So
- i cannot operate the camera because the drone and the remote are not linked up.
- i cannot connect my devices to the remote because it refuses to talk.
All devices think the remote is just a batteri, and i cannot switch usb mode when connected to it.
It is only possible to change usb devices when something is connected to the usb.
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Vaupell Posted at 2016-8-16 04:23
ok..

1 - If i turn on the RC and the Drone the RC shows green light but the drone shows yellow fa ...

Let's try this, first reset the RC then rebind, you don't need the app to do this.
RC reset- with the RC powered on, hold down C1, C2, and shutter, then power off and while still holding those buttons power the RC back on.
Then rebind- With RC on, hold down C1, C2, then video, after you hear it beep then push the camera settings dial (still with the others pressed in) and you'll hear a constant beep. The press the bind button on the aircraft (powered on).
2016-8-15
Use props
Vaupell
lvl.2
Denmark

Solved it.

I contacted the seller, he said i should most likely just setup a support ticket and get it sendt to DJI for repair.
I thought hell, i got an electrical engineering degree, lets trouble shoot it myself before i let DJI.

I started by unscrewing the backplate for the USB/miniUSB and instantly saw the problem.
EXTREMELY cheap USB ports used. I "ajusted" the header pins to ensure a better connection between the RC and the cable.
And before putting it back together i wanted to test, hooked up my nearest android device, and voila..  working..

Ran the Android firmware update from DJI-Go and just been outside for a testflight, working like a charm.

Pictures..  

The problem -
2016-08-15 23.05.31.jpg
Cheap usb port from china (just guessing. :p )
2016-08-15 23.05.38.jpg

Updating and running ;)
IMG_20160815_230245.jpg

2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Vaupell Posted at 2016-8-16 05:29
Solved it.

I contacted the seller, he said i should most likely just setup a support ticket and ge ...

That's awesome, glad you got it going.
2016-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules