Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot Connect to Camera
1444 6 2016-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmanningphoto
lvl.1

United States

Dji GO WON'T connect to camera on any of my android devices. (varying from version 5.0-6.1) Camera button is greyed out.
Inspire 1 and Inspire 1 Pro
Dji GO 2.8.3
All firmware current. Verified successful through log files.
Dji Go WILL connect on most of my iOS devices.
DJI Connect shows a connection to the Inspire

What I've done to troubleshoot
downgraded a couple versions of DJI GO but nothing seems to fix it.
treid different devices
The main issue seems to be that the Android devices aren't switching to File Tranfer Protocol and are stuck in charging mode.

Anyone else experiencing this?
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, you do get some sort of visual indication that the RC connects to the device such as the mobile device charging? Do you have USB debugging enabled?
2016-8-15
Use props
dmanningphoto
lvl.1

United States

Yes, the device shows as charging. I have tried connecting both with and without debugging enabled. Same results. I am able to control the inspire through other apps, PIX4D mapper for example.
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dmanningphoto Posted at 2016-8-16 09:38
Yes, the device shows as charging. I have tried connecting both with and without debugging enabled.  ...

Do you have any of these 3rd party apps running in the background? Have you tried uninstalling them to ensure that they are not interferring with the Go app? For your USB settings, you should have USB Debugging enabled and USB overall set to MTP mode. Ensure that you have allowed all the necessary permissions for the Go app via the Google Play store.
2016-8-16
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I was having exactly the same problem. I found the way around it was, from within the DJI app press the home button on you device and then select the DJI go icon from the list of apps to take you back in. Make sure there is no other apps running in the background. I had tried all sorts, updating/rolling back firmware, unplugging/plugging in switching on/off in differing orders even factory reset on my device before finding this out. Let us know if it works for you.

Mark G.
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dmanningphoto Posted at 2016-8-16 09:38
Yes, the device shows as charging. I have tried connecting both with and without debugging enabled.  ...

Do you still need help?
2016-8-18
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

turn off the drone, the remote and reboot your device that is running DJI go.
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules