Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Cracked battery Poll (Resolved)
7126 44 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Carlmyman Posted at 2017-4-22 11:17
I have 3 batteries & 1 of them has this issue.  It also has a "Battery Signal Error" which makes it unusable for anything more than a paperweight!  It has so little time on it ( 9 charges with 4 of them trying to discharge/charge ).  Contactacted DJI  NYC & got the sorry it's out of warranty reply.  So what do you do in this case?  Any help or DJI people want to fix what is technically your screw up?  Would surely appreciate a software update to fix the Battery Signal Error so I could at least use the battery.  Sorry If I'm rambling it is upsetting.  Another thing, I went to Best Buy last week to buy a battery & was told there is no return policy on them, I would have to deal with the manufacturer if there was any problems.  What gives people?  I'm going to spend $175 for a battery & can't return it if there is a problem the next day!  Not the Best Buy in my mind.

This is disturbing if Best Buy USA is no longer accepting new yet defective DJI batteries.  Too many have had issues being DOA when new.  No way to tell other than maybe opening the box in store and seeing if it shows any green light at all, and if not refuse it on the spot.

Someone posted that some store was selling but not accepting DJI defectives either, but to send it to DJI once bought (Cabellas?) due to quality issues.  Not good.
2017-4-23
Use props
fans24bad126
lvl.2
Flight distance : 710587 ft
United States

jwt-873 Posted at 2016-12-22 17:51
I have one battery out of three with a crack.  It just appeared in the last week.  The battery is 8 months old.

It's only cosmetic.  These cracks occur in very early P4 batteries.  It's caused by the latching spring snapping against the plastic just above the LEDs.  The problem was addressed by DJI and newer batteries don't do this.

You are correct, I have two of the, grey 5350 mAh batteries, both with the cracks, and two of the newer white 5870 mAh batteries, neither of them cracked.
2018-3-19
Use props
studio7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 869 ft

2018-4-2
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of my batteries cracked too.  I have 8 batteries total, so far only one with a crack.
2018-4-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pleased to say that I have never had to return any of my batteries for any of my drones - including my P4P
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules