Broken RTH button
2219 14 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vipuae88
New

United Arab Emirates

Dear DJI Support,

i have used my RC once within one year of purchasing the drone.... while keeping the RC running i heard a snatch, and seems that the RTH button sank down.

it seems the heat distributation affects the quallity of the hinges which are screwed to the RC.

i contacted DJI SUPPORT in DUBAI, and they have informed me that this is not covered under the warrranty, which is shocking since i have never ever pressed that button and DJI is known with thei quality assurance... was wondering if a certain batch had the certain issue.

P76DCF04016895

hope you can help me out!!!!!!

2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello vipuae88, by searching the SN that you provide in the activation system, this drone was activated by a gmail in July 9th, 2015. So it is out of warranty.If you need repairing service, please contact our support and send it in P3wp.JPG
2016-8-16
Use props
pbrown73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 964596 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also had a similar experience, but I'm not sure it's a defect. Does the button still work?

I only pressed that button for the first time a few weeks ago after owning my craft for about 13 months and never having the courage to press it. I was shocked that it seemed to give way within the RC, but it does continue to work. I don't use it often but have gotten used to the feel of that button being different from the power button next to it.
2016-8-16
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

This has happened to a few phantom owners. It seems the plastic is brittle and breaks away over time. My controller has something rattling around inside it. I have seen pictures of others who have opened their controllers and discovered that the posts that the screws thread into are all broken apart. One also had the RTH button fall inside like you have. The mounting points for the button had crumbled to pieces and there was nothing for the button to attach to.
2016-8-16
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-37300-1-1.html
2016-8-16
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... .52484/#post-502301
Another one.
2016-8-16
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

Another one.
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -transmitter.56957/
2016-8-16
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Must admit, the more I look at threads on here and other forums the more convinced I am that I bought the wrong product.
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-8-17 14:08
Must admit, the more I look at threads on here and other forums the more convinced I am that I bough ...

Well, you need to keep in mind the forum is where people come to venting their frustrations so what you see here do not represent the customer's perception of DJI products.
Edit:  change to " customer's perception as a whole" and "accurately"

2016-8-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-17 08:12
Well, you need to keep in mind the forum is where people come to venting their frustrations so wha ...

"Well, you need to keep in mind the forum is where people come to venting their frustrations so what you see here do not represent the customer's perception of DJI products."

Not necessarily true. I had to come to DJI website initially to read the manuals, to view the tutorials, the videos, update my firmware, and to learn from others. The Phantom range is a superb demonstration of technology at its best (Or perhaps my perception is wrong ?). But it appears to be let down at times by poor choice of materials or build quality. I had previously returned a Phantom 3 because one of the control sticks had collapsed into the case (brittle plastic). I now have a battery just a few months old and with light use that has developed a crack (brittle plastic, or bad design ?).
And we are the customers, so anything written here is our perception (whether it be right or wrong) of DJI products.
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2016-8-17 04:47
"Well, you need to keep in mind the forum is where people come to venting their frustrations so wh ...

Sorry, I mean people tend to voice their concerns more often in forum so a lot of issues might be amplified online, while actually most users have their drone flying fine.
2016-8-17
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

I do understand that those with complaints will be more vocal than those who got a product that does what they expected it to do.

That is understood.

Are you familiar with the Comet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Comet

State of the art in its day, highly respected. Then they started developing cracks...

I was going to nickname my Phantom "Fanny" - but now I think I'll call it 'Comet', as from the moment I open the box, before every flight and after every flight I'm going to be anxiously examining every inch of the thing, looking for cracks that I don't want to find.

Including the remote controller. And the battery.

See, you can also look at it the other way - for every actual complaint, how many others are also unhappy but complained directly to the company, or just threw the thing in the bin and vowed never to buy a DJI product again? How many were too embarrassed to say anything, after singing the company's praises? How many just tried gluing it back together? How many pilots blamed themselves for losing control and breaking it, not realizing they lost control because it was already broken, in mid air?

I'm collecting mine tomorrow. I'll give it a fair chance, but already I know I need to find the right size screwdriver and loosen and re-tighten the motor mounts, to tell the guy in the store to NOT update the firmware, to give the RTH and any other buttons a good firm poke to see if they break, and to examine the whole thing, including remote and battery, for cracks.

This is not a good first impression

As I say, I'll give it a fair try.
2016-8-17
Use props
vipuae88
New

United Arab Emirates

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-17 06:14
Hello vipuae88, by searching the SN that you provide in the activation system, this drone was activa ...

This is really bad to hear that you are going to have the repairs charged rather getting it fixed outside the warranty. Though that the RC wasnt used at all! and the local support team can verify that.. the batch which the RC was in had a manufacturing defect *multiple cases shown online with same defect* and i kindly request to have it repaired without it being charged..

2016-8-17
Use props
dhoomkethu
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-23
Use props
davidfrank
New

India

bigo live for pc was true in the case of mobile phones and applications development. bigo for pc
bigo live connector
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules