Wookong M firmware upgrade issue
3036 5 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevel_erms
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I have a Wookong M with V2 IMU and Bluetooth LED fitted to a S800, I bought this second hand.

The S800 flies great and I have no issues apart from been unable to upgrade the firmware so I can connect with my IPad. The IPad will connect with the Wookong and asks for a password which I do not have, hence the need to upgrade the firmware to allow password reset and possible waypoint flying.

I am having problems trying to upgrade the main controller firmware from 5.22 to either 5.24 or 5.26. The DJI Wookong M assistant 2.00 connects fine and I am able to change settings, each time I try to upgrade the firmware it says no updates available.

The user info shows me logged in with my username; Software info shows version 2.00 no updates.

I can connect with assistant version 2.02 and 2.04 but they only go to the upgrade screen and when I select upgrade they both say no firmware updates. If I try select a different screen tab the say “You must update main controller firmware to new version.

I have tried this with main flight batteries connected and disconnected both with the props off, also tried connecting the usb cable to both the main controller and the led and both together.

Am I missing something?
MC Loader 4.0.0.1 Hardware ID 01252910 Firmware 5.22 IMU Firmware 0.80.2.0

I have other DJI assistants on my PC for my F450 and F550 both running NAZA V2 work great no problems.

Any help very much appreciated.

All the best

Steve

2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You should be on Assistant version 2.04 and the USB cable would be connected to the MC itself. Could you happen to provide a screenshot of both your Upgrade and Info tabs when the unit is connected?
2016-8-16
Use props
stevel_erms
New

United Kingdom

Screen shot of DJI Assistant V2.04 Upgrade Tab, Info tab will not open just says "You must update Main Controller firmware to new version"  In V2.00 if I hit the upgrade it says no updates available even when I hit refresh several times.

V2.00 Upgrade Tab

V2.00 Upgrade Tab

V2.00 Info Tab

V2.00 Info Tab

V2.04 Upgrade Tab

V2.04 Upgrade Tab
2016-8-17
Use props
stevel_erms
New

United Kingdom

All fixed, loaded Wookong assistant v2.04 and driver on my old Windows XP laptop, connected and upgraded no problem. Must be something odd on my main Windows 10 PC, I now have mc 5.26 with waypoints and iPad connectivity.
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

stevel_erms@yah Posted at 2016-8-21 18:15
All fixed, loaded Wookong assistant v2.04 and driver on my old Windows XP laptop, connected and upgr ...

It seems as though that's the case. I'm glad to hear you were able to get yourself up and running.
2016-8-22
Use props
MiamiAerial
lvl.2
United States

i asked here a few times if someone has the older software version for the wookong and A2. could you help out with older versions of them? we are a legit business but lost my laptop with all of them on it. you could do a wetranfer to info@miamiaerial.com.  thank you
2017-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules