Warranty go with system or Only original Owner ?
1117 7 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I have an opportunity to buy an X5 on e bay .  The Seller listed it as  "New Condition "   so I should have known   right there it was not "New  from the Store " The Seller bought a  Inspire 1 pro  and then realized that he wanted the X5 raw, now selling the X5.   My question is  If I purchase the X5 camera do I still get a warrenty or does it only apply to the original purchaser ?

I am sure someone has had an experience with this.

Thanks

donnie
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's tied to the proof of purchase. As long as you get a copy of their receipt, then you would be fine to get considered for warranty claims. The name on the receipt won't matter.
2016-8-16
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-16 12:42
It's tied to the proof of purchase. As long as you get a copy of their receipt, then you would be fi ...

So when you buy something used  and the previous owner does not have the receipt. You are out of luck is that correct ?

2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-17 04:26
So when you buy something used  and the previous owner does not have the receipt. You are out of l ...

Unfortunately that would be the case. The exception to the rule would be for issues caused by firmware updates that are not involved in a crash. Those can still receive a free repair service once properly evaluated by a DJI repair technician. Since the Inspire 1 is a device that gets activated via the DJI Go app, they may be able to establish warranty based on activation as well. But that will only cover the main components, but not all the accessories.
2016-8-16
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

And now to throw a big old monkey wrench into the conversation.

If the original owner did not buy from an authorized dealer, even with a receipt, there is no warranty.
2016-8-18
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Starship Posted at 2016-8-18 09:23

If the original owner did not buy f ...

Thanks, I appreciate the Input.

I bought it regardless of warranty.  I paid $1400 for an X5 and it is brand new.
Just hope I dont have problems

donnie
2016-8-18
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Starship Posted at 2016-8-18 16:23

If the original owner did not buy f ...

Well there will be warranty with this non authorized dealer depending in which country this dealer resides and/or what promises the dealer made regarding warranty.
2016-8-19
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-8-19 08:32
Well there will be warranty with this non authorized dealer depending in which country this dealer ...

True, but DJI's has no responsibility to warranty the quad.
2016-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules