Normal Battery Usage - Bird and Controller
1466 10 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Are the batteries' power consumption in the Inspire 1 and the Controller equal, or does one die before the other?

Thanks!
2015-1-28
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The first time I used mine, not flying just doing the updates and getting familiar with the Pilot App the Controller quit about the same time that the Inspire Battery did. After the one charge cycle the Controller seems to have plenty of power. There are others here that have done more charge cycles than I have and would be capable of giving you a better answer. I just wanted to let you know my experience because I was a little worried there until I  did the second cycle.
2015-1-28
Use props
pidetectives.em
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do three flights before I charge remote.
2015-1-28
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

pidetectives.em Posted at 2015-1-29 00:11
I do three flights before I charge remote.

Thank you, guys. Much appreciated!
2015-1-28
Use props
Roddy1
lvl.1

Canada

Hello All !

Can anyone give me an approximate charge time for the 2 sizes of flight batteries ?

Cheers !
2015-1-29
Use props
Roddy1
lvl.1

Canada

DVPLLC Posted at 2015-1-30 06:46
1hr for the large battery and 45 min for the smaller battery is what I am hearing.   On  all our o ...

As usual, a quick and informed response.
This will help me determine how many batteries i require for my project.

Much Thanks !
2015-1-29
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

1hr for the large battery and 45 min for the smaller battery is what I am hearing.   On  all our o ...

The Inspire 1 will not fly two miles away. DJI states it will fly "up to" 2 kilometers away.

From everything I've read, flying at 13,500 feet (or any extreme altitude above 400 feet without proper clearance) as your video suggests could get you into a world of trouble (and moves drones a step closer to being banned).   Even if you attempted this you'd be well out of range of the controller's signal. Two kilometers is only 6500+ feet.

We all need to fly responsibly and safely, if we wish to keep flying.
2015-1-30
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Don't know what happened to my first reply. I can't see it. If this is a dupe, please, accept my apologies.

Flying at 13,500 feet will get you in trouble with the possibility of moving us all one step closer to have our drones ban. Besides you'd lose signal long before reaching that altitude.

Inspire 1 will not fly 2 miles. DJI says "up to 2 kilometers" or "up to" 1.24274 miles.

We all need to fly responsibly and safely if we want to keep flying.

2015-1-30
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Roddy1 Posted at 2015-1-30 06:22
Hello All !

Can anyone give me an approximate charge time for the 2 sizes of flight batteries ?

I just timed charging my 4700 battery and it look a few minutes over an hour. It had be drained down to 7%, according to the Pilot app (Android).
2015-1-30
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

This is a test i did yesterday.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=6222
2015-1-30
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

"The 4500 meters comes right out of the DJI specs on their site."

Yes, you are 100% correct. They are saying it has that capability, but your promo makes it sound like you are prepared and willing to do that.
2015-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules