Strange Adapter Cable for Upgrade
1986 4 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Badwolf
lvl.1

United States

After downloading the latest upgrade to my iPad I was instructed to use a bizarre connector to connect my iPad to the USB mini input on the Phantom 4.
I don't remember seeing a connector like this, and I can't find it in the DJI store.
Does anyone know where I can find a lightning to USB male to USB Male to USB Micro?
--------------------------------
10 minutes later....

DUH, I just need a double USB female connector. (smacking palm against forehead)
Disregard.

Rob

2016-8-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There was a short lead that comes with Phantom 4, which is a micro USB (plugs into aircraft) to USB 'A' socket. This plugs into aircraft , and then the standard lightning to USB 'A' cable plugs into the socket.

USB to DJI.jpg
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's in the box, or it must have fallen out somewhere in your house.
It's in a little semi clear wrapper about 6" long. It's called a OTG cable and you can get one from any electronics store for only a few dollars.
It looks like this but it's white.
You can use the other long USB cable and just update through the Assistant2 on your computer if you want.
OTG Cable.JPG
2016-8-16
Use props
Badwolf
lvl.1

United States

After finding a USB gender changer I discovered that connecting an Apple cable to a micro USB cable doesn't work.
Sadly, finding anything in my office is nearly impossible.
I'll try using assistant 2 from my laptop. Thanks for that info.
2016-8-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Badwolf Posted at 2016-8-20 17:30
After finding a USB gender changer I discovered that connecting an Apple cable to a micro USB cable  ...

The Windows PC route seems about the easiest method (wifi stability etc)
2016-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules