Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
7" iPad 2 Retina video freezes on hot days
1128 7 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alan
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone else experienced a problem using their iPad 2 Retina on hot days? (90 degrees or so)  On mine the video freezes up and I have to cool it with ice to get it working for a few minutes before it stops again. If this is common is there a cooling device for it? Do people have this problem with the larger iPads or any Android devices? e.g. what would be my best choice for a video link in hot weather?

2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you also spoken to Apple about this issue? Please be advised that the iPad 2 is not a compatible device for the DJI Go app.
2016-8-17
Use props
alan
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-17 14:05
Have you also spoken to Apple about this issue? Please be advised that the iPad 2 is not a compatibl ...

I'm talking about the iPad mini 2 Retina which I understand to be compatible and used by many.  Does anyone else have problems on hot days?
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

alan@goldsteinp Posted at 2016-8-18 02:15
I'm talking about the iPad mini 2 Retina which I understand to be compatible and used by many.  Do ...

It does help to be more specific, thank you. Do you notice this issue with just the DJI Go app, or is it affecting other apps in general? How much free space do you have on the device? Do you have any programs running in the background? Have you spoken to Apple about this issue as well?
2016-8-17
Use props
alan
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-17 14:45
It does help to be more specific, thank you. Do you notice this issue with just the DJI Go app, or ...

I'll talk to Apple if this is an unusual problem.  It is dedicated to the Inspire and I have virtually no other software on the machine and I don't think it has anything to do with RAM or the DJI Go app. This same problem occurred last year with DJI's previous software.  I have nothing else running, not even wifi or BT.  I presume any software using video would be an issue when hot. I'll try to test this.

I traced the problem to the unit overheating.  It works perfectly at all other times. If I cool it using my car's AC or hold a metal jar containing ice water against it to cool it, proper functioning resumes. But that only lasts for a few minutes before I have to do it again.
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

alan@goldsteinp Posted at 2016-8-18 03:07
I'll talk to Apple if this is an unusual problem.  It is dedicated to the Inspire and I have virtu ...

Have you tried enabling hardware decoding in the Go app? That function is normally for A8 processing iOS devices, but it could help. There is always a chance that there's an issue with the iPad itself, but you may want to check with Apple on that.
2016-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

alan@goldsteinp Posted at 2016-8-17 12:07
I'll talk to Apple if this is an unusual problem.  It is dedicated to the Inspire and I have virtu ...

Have you made any progress with this issue? I was wondering if Apple had anything to say or not

Rich
2016-8-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Technically the iPad 2 is supported but with every DJI update older devices become more obsolete resulting in heat and video lag. If money is an issue try the nvidia sheild tablet. It's a power house and is only two hundred dollars new.it works great with my inspire 1 pro.
2016-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules