Does Home Point change after GPS lost and regained?
786 4 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingDog
lvl.2

Taiwan

If I take off with good GPS lock up, the Home Point should be a good one in Phantom's memory.  What if, during the flight, it loses GPS (it happens when video taking is on) and then regains GPS later (after I switching off the video taking, or it drifts to a new location with a better condition), will the original HP (on take-off) still applies, or will it forget the previous memory and pick up where it regains the GPS as the new HP?  It has long been a puzzle to me.

Simply put, does home point change after GPS lost and regained during the flight?  If anybody has experienced this and has the answer, please share.

2015-1-28
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

The flight control system will record the home point when you have 6+ satellites. This only happens once. And, it's also the reason you should never take off until after the home point has been marked.
2015-1-28
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

"does home point change after GPS lost and regained during the flight" the simple answer is NO
2015-1-28
Use props
FlyingDog
lvl.2

Taiwan

Thanks to the answers, it is very clear to me now.

Further on this, I learned that the Home Point is set when Phantom has 6+ GPS during the first throttle up (taking off).  If I miss the time window, i.e., taking off without having 6+ GPS, will the Home Point be set whenever the Phantom gets 6+ GPS the first time during the flight, or simply I would not have any Home Point during the entire flight?
2015-1-28
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

it is set as soon as it gets 6+ and you can see it do the fast green flash to tell you that.  if you never get 6+ then, yes, you'd be flying in atti mode then.
2015-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules