Sigma 19mm lens
1304 5 2016-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

[size=14.6667px]I am getting some strange actions with my Sigma 19mm under the latest firmware in camera, controller, GO app and inspire. [size=14.6667px]It seems to identify the lens fine and focus in video and still fine, but loses aperture control under Video and Still, it records Video and saves, in Photo mode it gives a black screen and locks up the Go app,it does not save the shot.

[size=14.6667px]Any help would be appreciated.

2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Do you use a X5 or x5R? To clarify, you're only able to save videos but not stills onto the SD card? Does this happen with any file format? Do you have the stock 15mm lens to see if this issue is with the camera itself?
2016-8-17
Use props
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-17 17:36
Do you use a X5 or x5R? To clarify, you're only able to save videos but not stills onto the SD card? ...

Hi Jamie
It's X5, all latest firmware.
I have the stock lens working perfectly, the problem seems to be with the Sigma which worked before the recent updates apparently.
I made and saved a video using f2.8 as it is stuck on that aperture.
On switch on it defaults to f1.7 or f22 and I switch between movie and still and then it sticks at f2.8, when I switch to still,s I focus the lens and press the app shutter and the screen goes black, the button sticks on taking the shot (flashing) and locks the app, I have to restart the app, controller and inspire to get it working again.
What is strange is it saves a movie no problem.

The 60mm version works fine, which is to all intents and purposes the same lens apart from focal length.
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

UnSean1 Posted at 2016-8-18 02:56
Hi Jamie
It's X5, all latest firmware.
I have the stock lens working perfectly, the problem seems  ...

It is strange for sure. Since you notice this after a firmware update, there may have been a change that could have affected the compatibility. Since this is a 3rd party lens that was not a part of the recommended list, I cannot tell you with certainty. You can try downgrading the firmware to see if functionality comes back.
2016-8-17
Use props
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-17 22:35
It is strange for sure. Since you notice this after a firmware update, there may have been a chang ...

I could try, although 3rd party compatibility will sell a lot of X5 drones, I would of thought it was good for dji to resolve these issues.
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

UnSean1 Posted at 2016-8-18 05:53
I could try, although 3rd party compatibility will sell a lot of X5 drones, I would of thought it  ...

This is definitely feedback that will be passed to the appropriate department for further review so that compatibility with other lenses can be expanded upon.
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules