Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Z3 Lag and Video Issues
1234Next >
14337 139 2016-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Just return it and re-purchase when the firmware / GO App is de-bugged to a reasonably workable level.
Carping on an internet forum that the Reps ignore at the best of times won't get the issue dealt with.

The only impetus DJI will notice is a large upswing in returns when Dealers start complaining.
2016-9-8
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

wondering if anyone is using this with a boosted antenna setup. What sort of results are they getting?
2016-9-10
Use props
neilsulish
New
Flight distance : 435846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im running 2 3 watt booster and a 6 coil polarized antenna with the z3 to no avail
1 video lag  (bad)
2 signal loss
but i am keeping it.  i think the fw will fix it  
2016-9-10
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>

neilsulish@yaho Posted at 2016-9-11 14:26
Im running 2 3 watt booster and a 6 coil polarized antenna with the z3 to no avail
1 video lag  (ba ...

When using an nd filter and zooming in or out, on any object the camera doesn't keep its exposure, when I zoomed  in or out the exposure either darkens or really gets bright...check out the opening shot and other clips in my video. Does this happen to you? Is this normal?
2016-9-11
Use props
martin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 337100 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK I am at my ultimate boiling point with this issue and I am SO angry that DJI have not come forward and at least said that a fix is in place or due to be released..... I have purchased tons of stuff from DJI and this is how you treat me..............Time to take this a step further... selling a product that is not fit for use is a gross offence and it is NOW time you come forward and fix this issue before the whole social media realise that you don't test your products and sell and offer NO SUPPORT. Please DJI FIX THIS NOW.........
PLEASE SHARE THIS HOPEFULLY THEY MAY SEE AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT
2016-9-11
Use props
j_smith553
lvl.1

United States

A agree with everyone that is having to deal with this problem. We all spend a lot of money for DJI products which are not inexpensive at all. We are loyal customers and continue to buy their products as technology gets better each year. DJI could atleast honor us as loyal paying customers and fix the issues we are having with the Z3. This is an expensive camera that is pretty much useless at this point and does not work as it should. It is just not right for us to be treated this way without a brief explanation from a rep from DJI givng us an update to what is going on. We understand things take time to fix but please keep us updated because the longer you hold out it just gives us consumers the lack of confidence that our voices are being heard and nothing is really being done. A simple notification of the progress isn't a lot to ask for and goes very far for customer service. I hope someone from DJI is reading all of our concerns. We are doing everything we all can to be "beta testers" and give every bit of information we have and the least you could do is notify us of progress.
2016-9-11
Use props
Pizmo75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 910735 ft
Netherlands

My Z3 arrived today:

-Right wheel on remote won't switch between iso and shutter in M-mode, or any other mode to switch between values..
-aperture value stays at f2.8 thru complete zoom range, at least that is what the app says
-unusual videostream when recording film.
-takes way to much time to write a photo on the SD card, much much longer compared to X5 and X3

Not happy so far.
2016-9-13
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update to ios 10 substantially helped signal and feed quality so far. Not perfect, but useable...
2016-9-13
Use props
Pizmo75
lvl.2
Netherlands

P3T3 Posted at 2016-9-13 21:54
Update to ios 10 substantially helped signal and feed quality so far. Not perfect, but useable...

Ok, but the ipad is not the issue... It's the z3.
2016-9-13
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Pizmo75 Posted at 2016-9-13 17:10
Ok, but the ipad is not the issue... It's the z3.

Maybe for you, but it worked for me
2016-9-13
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P3T3 Posted at 2016-9-14 01:47
Maybe for you, but it worked for me

What recording mode are you using ?
Have you used the 4K setting yet , it is unusable for FPV , even with
IOS10
2016-9-13
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
  • >>>

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2016-9-14 11:28
Have you used the 4K setting yet , it is unusable for FPV , ev ...

Filming in 2.7k is the best setting so far, for me. There is lag but not as bad as before... I do get sever break up when tilting the camera down at 90 degrees
2016-9-13
Use props
Pizmo75
lvl.2
Netherlands

This is what DJI mailed me upon telling them that the video feed is not ok:

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

This will be due much more data processing at the moment of recording video.
It won't be possible to transmit a high quality video stream during the recording.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best regards,
DJI Support EU
2016-9-14
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
  • >>>

Pizmo75 Posted at 2016-9-14 20:09
This is what DJI mailed me upon telling them that the video feed is not ok:

Thank you for contactin ...

Such a vague response, what does it even mean
2016-9-14
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Anyone tested the Z3 with IOS 10? Apple seems to have changed the encoding and it might help?
2016-9-14
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-9-15 03:04
Anyone tested the Z3 with IOS 10? Apple seems to have changed the encoding and it might help?

I tested it yesterday, still the same.
2016-9-14
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-9-15 03:11

Ok, thank you for the update.
2016-9-14
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2016-9-13 23:28
Have you used the 4K setting yet , it is unusable for FPV , ev ...

I don't shoot 4k bc I don't have any display to use it on.
2016-9-14
Use props
joop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2176499 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have the same issues: big videolag and videosignal loss with the Z3

Yesterday i send a message to DJI Support about the videolag
DJI asked me to make a screenshot of the "about screen" with the versions of the app, etc
I sent it to DJI yesterday
And today DJI asked me : Could you please provide us with a description video of your issue?
I reply that this problem is not only for me and that it is on this forum.
Today i plan to make a video with my Osmo, so that the problem is on video and i can share it with DJI
2016-9-14
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
  • >>>

joop@schreuder. Posted at 2016-9-15 15:54
I have the same issues: big videolag and videosignal loss with the Z3

Yesterday i send a message to ...

I keep hearing from moderators that DJI is working on a fix. Then I read post like yours, that leds me to believe they have no clue.
2016-9-15
Use props
Pizmo75
lvl.2
Netherlands

Returned the z3. Not going to be a beta tester for € 999,-
2016-9-15
Use props
joop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2176499 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-9-15 14:08
I keep hearing from moderators that DJI is working on a fix. Then I read post like yours, that led ...

Today DJI asked me to send the Z3 back, so that they can check it.
This evening i have test it again, with another tablet, but the same problems:
Video lag
no video signal
Tomorrow i send it to DJI
I hope that there is soon an solution, because the zoom is very nice
2016-9-15
Use props
wattsnb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656444 ft

Just send them this link. Pretty indisputable and if they continue to ignore then they clearly have no clue.
https://youtu.be/aZ-6vF40UYM
2016-9-15
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
  • >>>

2016-9-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-9-14 12:11

I tested today using my X3 camera on RC 1.6 and AC 1.81  iPad mini 4 @ 85*F and actually worked pretty good for one 9 min flight. Had a couple of minor drops.   So, no its not fixed   come on DJI please release the FW fix for you customers with the "X" series cameras.

Rich
2016-9-15
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hilton571@gmail Posted at 2016-9-8 08:47
I was going to hold out at first but I got mine today.  The only issue I had was calibrating the co ...

hey there Hilton. Very interested to hear your thoughts now you have had your week of flying.
Could you please answer a couple of questions?

Did the gimbal work flawlessly all the time?
what range are you getting whilst still getting good quality feed?
Zoom has never really been a problem but there is some focus issues, how are you feeling about your focus etc.

I look forward to your responses
2016-9-16
Use props
visionrouge.net
lvl.4
United States

AnzacJack Posted at 2016-9-16 22:24
hey there Hilton. Very interested to hear your thoughts now you have had your week of flying.
Coul ...

I bought one and here are my Feedback to add to all your troubles.

For now, the controls are very limited.

You can zoom in and out but..
You can't change the zooming speed, you can't start and stop zoom smoothly.
The autofocus function is activated only at the end of the zoom (not continuous AF), so it gives you a focus check (lens move back ward a little bit) blurring any end of shot.
AF is a small window only, so You have to select a zoom spot that it can be used (not easy on a sea for example)

It goes automatically from optical zoom to digital zoom, there is no way to disable the digital zoom.
There is no indication of zoom level..

So it's quite useless for video until DJI release some software updates! I will need this one in 2 weeks for a shooting, finger crossed!
2016-9-17
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Anyone test the new Go app update 2.9.2
Wondering if fixes the issues with the Z3
The discription on the app says bug fixes(so damn vague, DJI you need to give some more detail in your discription
2016-9-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-9-18 07:48
Anyone test the new Go app update 2.9.2
Wondering if fixes the issues with the Z3
The discription on ...

hey bigdz

I just downloaded the new 2.92 onto my device to try. I am using the iOS 10 and saw some improvements with my X3 camera video downlink. Sorry I do not have the Z3 and cannot comment on that.  (IMO) I still think it will require a FW update to fix the majority of the camera issues.....

I will check it out today,  yes it would be nice to have something more than bug fixes  from DJI

Rich
2016-9-18
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-19 02:03
hey bigdz

I just downloaded the new 2.92 onto my device to try. I am using the iOS 10 and saw som ...

Good to hear about your X3. Yeah, Its wishful thinking and your right. It's gonna take a FW update (if ever released) to get the Z3 to function correctly....Sucks!!
2016-9-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-9-18 11:39
Good to hear about your X3. Yeah, Its wishful thinking and your right. It's gonna take a FW update ...

Ran about a 7min flight today with the iOS 10 and Go App 2.92 with iPad mini 4 on my inspire 1 V2 X3 with no drop outs at all. The weather is cooler than pervious testing and I did not work the Inspire very hard.  This is a good sign that the video downlink is working better. I still do not think it has been cured completely and think the FW will do the rest of the corrections.

I will continue to do some testing as I have time. So far, I have not found any bugs in the new iOS 10 by Apple regarding the DJI Go App

Rich
2016-9-18
Use props
nkphotographic
New

Here's my experience with the Z3 on Inspire V1, running current WM610_FW_V1.09.01.30.bin(07/07/16), there is this firmware, WM610_FC350Z_FW_V01.09.01.30 (08/08/16), on  the Z3 product page but, when I tried to update at Go App's warning/alert, it would not take... and Text file read same as current. I'm on an iPad Mini2 non cellular with current DJI Go app 2.9.2, RC on FW_ 1.7.40.  
Story goes like this...
Purchased Z3 and waited several weeks to unbox and fly due to other productions. I have been running my craft, camera and RC on WM610_FW_V01.02.01.03 with old Pilot App w/32Ch.Mod with not one issue since April 2015.  Four days ago I unbox Z3, update craft, camera, rc and app to above description.  IMU says does not need calibrating but, I do anyways on level non metal surface.  Neglected to calibrate gimbal...seemed fined after setting up Master RC gimbal wheel speed and Second/Slave RC custom stick settings for camera op.  On location for sunrise, put bird in air hover for a bit and then hit record (4K, 30fps, D-Log).  Like everyone else in this thread and other forums...loss of signal, completely ruins shots.  Went through all 7 batteries, in between switching out the Z3 for the X3 with the above same firmware with not one issue on the X3. Switched channels for HD downlink but, no help.
Next day, I do a Gimbal calibration and head out for a promising sunset.  Compass calibration, check IMU and all settings in app. Fly, hit record and not one drop out...seriously!  Thought to myself whats going on?  Do some testing with zoom/focal lengths and fly slow, medium, fast to test gimbal steadiness.  Even flew it 1,500+ feet/distance at 100' with some trees between before getting Weak Image Signal Warning. Go home check footage, totally impressed with the gimbal even with the "X3 gimbal mounting plate" that jiggles more then with the X3 and probably should be swapped out for the X5 like other's are suggesting.  But, I did not see an issue with gimbal or image quality in any of my footage.  Even think the video image quality is better then X3, with less sharpening, color saturation and contrast.  The Gimbal held up too with it zoomed in at different ranges but, I can't figure out where optical ends and digital starts.  When recording and zooming in all the way, if I Stop recording the image will jump in magnification(zoom in) more.  If I hit record again, it will stay zoomed in but, if I zoom out and zoom back in, it will not reach that focal length again.  I assume that is the Digital portion kicking in or not...would be nice to know magnification index or focal length(my personal choice, 20mm, 35mm, 50mm, 70mm,etc.).  Obviously, all the way zoomed in is not good for video but, there is a range of focal lengths that will work with this new addition to the Inspire.  

I go out a third day/testing session and it looses video signal as soon as I hit record.  Do seem to have luck with stopping record and starting again and it will work sometimes for 5-10 min. with out video breaking up.  But, if I zoom at all the video starts to break up.  So conclusion, the zooming of camera and recording is causing some sort of interference/disruption to Lightbridge HD downlink!  Really can't believe that R&D at DJI, hadn't experienced these same issues in testing...then they release it and its going on over a month of complaints!  But, I know there "M,O" after over a year of reading forums and staying clear of firmware updates... I'll keep it and wait for an update that'll hopefully work.  
2016-9-23
Use props
tannerstreety
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1394639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problems as everyone stated. Video on 4k setting is hideous. My gimbal will not spin up unless tapped in direction of where the camera would be level. Ridiculous....
2016-9-25
Use props
babryan1
New

United States

Come on DJI, fix this. It is absolutely ridiculous that the Z3 is still for sale without any warning that it does not work correctly. Nothing like selling a defective product and making a profit while it is literally unusable.

Shame on you DJI!
2016-9-25
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

I promise I will NOT purchase an Inspire until  this is fixed by DJi !!!
2016-9-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

babryan1 Posted at 2016-9-25 18:40
Come on DJI, fix this. It is absolutely ridiculous that the Z3 is still for sale without any warning ...

Yes,

even after downgrading and using the new iOS 10 today's flying was terrible. Rather than posting the same video again, please see my new link below.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-64560-1-1.html

Rich
2016-9-25
Use props
wattsnb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656444 ft

I must say I am still amazed that DJI can make no announcement or acknowledgement regarding this issue.  But then again, why should they.  While they continue to sell product and bring in revenues why would hey worry about a few unhappy customers?
2016-9-26
Use props
Jdime123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10348 ft
United States

Just got mine and I'm having the same issues. Camera did not respond at all until I touched it with my finger tip. It then went through the motions of startup but in a sluggish manner. Video is a good 3 to 5 seconds behind on the app. Also, the quality is not consistent. I replaced the Z3 with the x3 and everything was normal. Also did the same with the X5 and all was good. I restarted the Z3 several times and the startup improved but the video lag and quality stayed bad. I am running the latest updates for the app, the controller and the Inspire 1.
2016-9-28
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
  • >>>

Jdime123 Posted at 2016-9-29 09:38
Just got mine and I'm having the same issues. Camera did not respond at all until I touched it with  ...

I gave up waiting for a fw fix, I did what DJI-Ken suggested and sent it to DJI LA, knowing the issue is not just with my Z3...to be continued
2016-9-28
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

And the response from Ken is "I do not know of a firmware update".

2016-9-28
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules