14358 139 2016-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VisionAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

wcough@gmail.co Posted at 2016-8-18 13:50
Same here,,, also noticed the gimbal remaining in place and not responding or self calibrating unles ...

My Z3 does exactly the same, it won't calibrate until I touch it.
2016-9-30
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>

HEY DJI-and DJI KEN-see there is an ISSUE with this camera.

Guys... I'm going to guess that this issue is so major, they cannot come up with a fix. And probably are working on it, but can't figure out why these issues are taking place. So all we hear is turn in your unit.
Where are the moderators? It sure has been quiet in-regards to the Z3- this is a joke! We should all file suit against them. Credit us or refund our money!!

I will never buy a new release product from DJI... wait I just dropped money on a Mavic Pro... rant over-for now{:4_177:}
2016-9-30
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Im hearing that BIGDZ. The temptation was too great for me as well. I hope i dont regret it
2016-9-30
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI any word on the Z3 issues, I've been interested in purchasing one but am seeing all these issues, can you please update us on this.

Thank you
2016-9-30
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

firstly i tried with the new MaxxRange Antenna and it didnt seem to make a great differenve with the Z3. (It was great with the X3)
RichJ53 from another forum made some comment about the image transmission and for some reason it is defaulting to the worst channel.
I went out today, and changed from the auto mode to the manual mode and i selected a strong channel.
Unbelievably I flew a mission and the Z3 seemed to work with no issues. I then selected back to auto channel select and it continued to work without incident.
I am reporting here on 2 flights, but this is certainly the first time i have come home happy with the performance with the Z3.
I also noted that the transmission quality setting was set be default to absolute lowest setting.

I would like to hear if anyone else could try playing with these settings and are finding an improvement. If it is as simple as these settings then surely this will be fixed with a simple firmware tweak.
2016-10-2
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27523688 ft
  • >>>
United States

My issue with the Z3 is the video downlink delay. Well...it was.

Here was my solution:
- Swap Z3 with X3
- Fly momentarily with X3 (no lag issues)
- Swap cameras again to fly with Z3
- BAM, problem solved. No lag at all with Z3.

I always hate it when I don't really do anything to solve a problem but for now, it is working.
2017-1-17
Use props
Rick26h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89820 ft
United States

Guess I fell into the same hole as everyone else, purchased a used Z3 without reading about the camera, just wanted a zoom for SAR and fire ground operations with my fire department.  My first flight with the Z3 seemed to work ok but then I started experiencing video lag.  Air temperature was around 51 degrees F, flight distance only about 75 ft. using DJI Go app. on an android Nexus 7 with plenty of front end memory.  I switched over to the Litchi App. and ran a video test on that, Z3 responded excellently with no video lag for about 20 minutes when my camera began getting hot causing extreme video lag of 10 seconds.  

My conclusion is that the Z3 is good but needs a firmware upgrade for the Go app to solve it's problems.  Yes, spent a bit of money for the Z3 but I am hoping for that miracle firmware upgrade that will solve it's problems.  I use my Inspire 1 for all types of fire ground and rescue operations and am in great need of that zoom capability.

If anyone hears of a firmware fix, PLEASE drop me a line....   Thanks...  Rick
2017-1-23
Use props
Rick26h
lvl.2
United States

Rick26h Posted at 2017-1-23 04:42
Guess I fell into the same hole as everyone else, purchased a used Z3 without reading about the camera, just wanted a zoom for SAR and fire ground operations with my fire department.  My first flight with the Z3 seemed to work ok but then I started experiencing video lag.  Air temperature was around 51 degrees F, flight distance only about 75 ft. using DJI Go app. on an android Nexus 7 with plenty of front end memory.  I switched over to the Litchi App. and ran a video test on that, Z3 responded excellently with no video lag for about 20 minutes when my camera began getting hot causing extreme video lag of 10 seconds.  

My conclusion is that the Z3 is good but needs a firmware upgrade for the Go app to solve it's problems.  Yes, spent a bit of money for the Z3 but I am hoping for that miracle firmware upgrade that will solve it's problems.  I use my Inspire 1 for all types of fire ground and rescue operations and am in great need of that zoom capability.

I just found Z3 firmware updates V 1.9.1.40V  on DJI, has anyone installed this update and has it cured the video lag?
2017-1-23
Use props
Rick26h
lvl.2
United States

ehcropydoc Posted at 2017-1-17 09:41
My issue with the Z3 is the video downlink delay. Well...it was.

Here was my solution:

I appreciate your post, I tried your idea and it cleared the video lag problem for a little while.  Once you shut down your system and bring it up again the video lag returns, putting in the X-3 then replacing it with the Z-3 produces a magic and the video lag is gone.

Anyone out there still having video lag problems or cures I would like to hear from you.
2017-1-24
Use props
Yellowstone Dro
New

United States

There is another issue with the Z3 which nobody has mentioned here. I have an inspire 1 with a Z3. It installed the camera update fine (V 1.9.1.40) but will not update the aircraft to the latest version with  this update or with any other  inspire 1 update  supplied by DJI. The aircraft remains at version (V 1.9.1.30) and the App shows the aircraft requires an update. I don't have an X3 any more, guess I'll have to borrow one and try to update the craft with it. DJI support doesn't have a clue how to solve the problem. Has anyone els seen this or have a solution?
2017-1-25
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I sent back to dji the Z3...after one month and a half, I got it back...same problems...
2017-2-21
Use props
fans91724862
lvl.1
Flight distance : 753442 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I chatted with DJI today been having the same issues with the lag had been watching this forum waiting for a firmware update but decided to have a quick online chat as a last ditch attempt and was told this: format sd card in the Z3 Calibrate IMU Compass and Gimbal outside in the current temps, thought it was i time waster but took my pro out with the Z3 attached and did all of the above in that order, low and behold no lag issues put 8 batteries through it one after the other and had no issues with any flight tried all settings from 4K through the lot really and full zoom no zoom flew a good 900 meters away and tried no issues. I had plenty before however so I'm hoping this may help some of you give it a go if you haven't already, I now have a working Z3 with no lag and I'm pretty impressed with it.
2017-2-27
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

fans91724862 Posted at 2017-2-27 10:41
I chatted with DJI today been having the same issues with the lag had been watching this forum waiting for a firmware update but decided to have a quick online chat as a last ditch attempt and was told this: format sd card in the Z3 Calibrate IMU Compass and Gimbal outside in the current temps, thought it was i time waster but took my pro out with the Z3 attached and did all of the above in that order, low and behold no lag issues put 8 batteries through it one after the other and had no issues with any flight tried all settings from 4K through the lot really and full zoom no zoom flew a good 900 meters away and tried no issues. I had plenty before however so I'm hoping this may help some of you give it a go if you haven't already, I now have a working Z3 with no lag and I'm pretty impressed with it.

Try more than 900 meters...I noticed that far I go, the lag becomes higher...2000 meters, about 4 seconds lag
2017-2-28
Use props
Lorizze
lvl.1

Italy

[img]Hi, I have a Z3 camera and I have the same problems that you have described.
I chatted with DJI about 4-5 times but the response is: contact assistance by mail.
I have contacted the assistance by mail, and they replied:
As of this time, since all the troubleshooting steps has been done in correcting your concern with the Z3 camera. We need to have your unit and the Z3 camera to be send in to our repair team to have this corrected. You may do directly to this Link and fill out the form and follow instructions to process a repair.
It's useless to send Z3 in assistance because the issue is software, not hardware!
Another issue, look at the picture:

The video quality in streaming is good if the camera options is setting in 4K-24fps, but if I select 4K-30fps the quality of streaming video is very very bad!!!
On the upper half the picture quality is good, it' sharp, on the lower half is very low quality.
In streaming (during the flight) i don't understand if the video is in focus or not, it is impossibile work in this conditions!!

2017-2-28
Use props
Lorizze
lvl.1

Italy

IMG_6887.JPG
2017-2-28
Use props
Lorizze
lvl.1

Italy

2017-2-28
Use props
Lorizze
lvl.1

Italy

Lorizze Posted at 2017-2-28 11:51
[view_image]

The video quality in streaming is good if the camera options is setting in 4K-24fps, but if I select 4K-30fps the quality of streaming video is very very bad!!!

2017-2-28
Use props
fans34b28fa0
lvl.1
Australia

i have a lag of at least 3 to 5 seconds
2017-6-6
Use props
fans86263f5a
lvl.2
Italy

Any idea please? Need Z3 for insPection flights, I am flying with Zenmuse XT, but the customer wants also video. My videos with Z3 are...grrrrr.

How to attach the picture?
2017-8-7
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gee, I musta been lucky. I had a Z3 and loved it. Didn't have any troubles at all.
This was shot with it and believe it or not, the bird was hovering stationary the entire time.
Was also pretty windy and you can't tell in the video.
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules