Inspire Navigation lights (how far) FAA Rules
1526 4 2016-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark.borosch
New

United States

In order to fly at dusk the FAA requiers that you have navigation lights that are visable up to 3 miles.  With that said how far can the lights be seen on the Inspire?  I would hope that DJI has taken this into consideration.

Mark

2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You'll may need to get anti-collision  strobes.
2016-8-17
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

Not sure how they could have taken it into consideration given that the rule was just adopted and hasn't even taken effect yet.  Originally flight was prohibited from sunset to sunrise - civil twilight was added at the last minute.  As far as I can see, no manufacturers could have foreseen this.

Still a valid question as to how far the Inspire 1 nav lights can be seen.  My fear is that the device itself is so small that it cannot be equipped with nav lights that meet the visibility requirements.
2016-8-17
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>

Under part 107, If you’re flying in that 30-minute civil twilight period, your aircraft must be equipped with special anti-collision lights that are capable of being visible for at least 3 miles in all directions
2016-8-18
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Someone said in Germany there cannot be a revolution because you would need to step into the grass for it. Sometimes I start to think in USA its going to be the same..........
2016-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules