iOS iPad app release - Update
9483 66 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NomadicFlight
lvl.1

United States

Looks to me like a conclusive turning point shall be reached soon. Lets just try and wait it out as much as possible until then... I can't see us doing anything else otherwise... We'll just have to put our trust in DJI once more.
2015-2-7
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Rbimd Posted at 2015-2-7 22:17
GB44,

I use Mac devices exclusively and no one is more interested than I am in getting the iOS app  ...

Rbimd,

I badger DJI for an update -   Why should I be used as a guinea pig in their Beta testing when I paid for a fully working model with a fully approved App as promise and advertised.

Why should I be patient.  I have waited patiently since pre-ordering in November and paid in good faith for this.

Just dont like being screwed by whatever company at my expense.
2015-2-7
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

All of this consternation... Meanwhile, I continue to fly my Inspire with Apple devices and the 0.9.2 Pilot App without any issues at all. And I've been flying since January 5th when the Inspire arrived at my front door. And I'm quite sure that when the app officially arrives in the App Store, the major change in the Inspire experience will be fewer posts about this topic on this forum.
2015-2-7
Use props
jsmorse.email
lvl.2

United States

What part of 'We have submitted this to Apple, and don't know the status." don't you all understand? It's in Apple's court. You guys whining constantly about it isn't going to push it through any faster.
2015-2-7
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

jsmorse.email Posted at 2015-2-8 04:23
What part of 'We have submitted this to Apple, and don't know the status." don't you all understand? ...

DJI have received feedback from Apple, so they actually do know the status.

I was informed this specifically via Chat Line today.  They simply refuse to inform their customers exactly what that feedback is.  I guess you have to read into that what you wish, but reckon it must be bad news otherwise we would all be downloading the official ios App and flying.  As Abe says above, lots of writing posts and re-writing posts, but not a lot of flying which is what we all seek.

May be there are just a lot of guys out there who are not wise enought to see when a "Carrot" is being dangled.  Some of us are just not frightened to stand up for ourselves and question things.  Others just dont have the balls and get tread on.  It is not about whinging, its about standing up for oneself.
At the end of the day all we want is to fly the damm aircraft, but safely and with an  authorised app.

With all the other reported issues on this forum, why shouldn't members raise valid points of view and question DJI.  Remember, we are the Customers and I thought that Customers mattered.
2015-2-7
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jsmorse,     I could not have said it better.
2015-2-7
Use props
jsmorse.email
lvl.2

United States

GB44, I hear where you're coming from but all DJI can do is sit and wait with the rest of us. Perhaps you should be on Apple's page complaining? If in fact DJI knows it isn't going to be approved and is withholding this info you have a legitimate complaint. We have no proof of that and that's quite a strong accusation.

I did run into a guy the other day who, though I hesitate to mention his name or job, told me that Apple plans on carrying DJI products in the store, so judging by that I think we should be getting the go ahead soon.
2015-2-7
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well we can all moan without achieving much or move on. I would have preferred to use Apple devices, but I've now gone out a bought two Nvidia Shields. These work really well and have the added bonus of fitting in the space where the instruction were in the case. Relatively speaking these are not expensive devices and the work just as well. At least this way I'm flying with the latest release.

I noticed the chap who's Inspire flew away ( my heart goes out to him) was using IOS, We don't know whether this was a contributing factor, but I presonally don't want to take that chance. So I've parked my iPads for now.
2015-2-7
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

jsmorse.email Posted at 2015-2-8 09:22
GB44, I hear where you're coming from but all DJI can do is sit and wait with the rest of us. Perhap ...

JSMorse,

I have been in contact with Apple direct and there is also a similar post on the forum of a guy in the US who has also raised this with Apple  taking the approach that Apple are losing customers to Android machines and it is in their interest to expedite the issue.  He is waiting for a formal response from Apple on Monday as am I and will post any news from Apple as and when received.  It would be good if others also took a positive approach and contacted Apple themselves to increase the awareness and scale of things.

With regard to DJI having information from Apple, I was informed this directly and specifically from the 24/7 Crappy line that they had now received information from Apple.  However they did not clarify what they had received or their own comments and terminated the Chat as per their normal ignorant manner rather than clarify and explain themselves.  
2015-2-8
Use props
guygeva
lvl.2

Israel

Guys as far as i can tell it seems like DJI did something very wrong with the app.
The only reason Apple have their rules about the apps is to make sure that every app deliver the best possible performance and security for all IOS users.
for what i can understand there is a work that been done with Apple and DJI to make the app as it should be.
The picture of DJI waiting for an answer and apple say Now and not caring more then this it's not the realty.
So maybe DJI needs to build up some segment of the app from the ground up because of a critical issue? maybe Apple needs to approve the hardware of the TX to make sure it's safe for the devices and stand up to the high standard of quality and security?

I guess that it can take up to two month to fix that kind of issues, as far as the hardware we all have (TX) is ok. it's been like a month till now, my guess is that we will have the app by the beginning of next month.
2015-2-8
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the ONLY show stopper on the Apple DJI Pilot App is going to be the fact that they are communicating to the apple device over the USB Port.  Somewhere I read in one of the posts that this is a big no no with Apple ... but I maybe wrong.
2015-2-9
Use props
darickyeo.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4108688 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Apple has made exception to apps like these before... communication through USB/Lightning port:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/01/16/use-ipad-as-mac-monitor/
2015-2-9
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Checked the Apple Store this morning and still not seeing DJI Pilot.  I went into the Apple Forum to create a support ticket asking about it.  Maybe the "squeaky wheel will get the grease".  If enough people hammer at Apple maybe just maybe someone will get off their buts on the Apple side to approve the DJI Pilot App (wishful thinking ... I know).
2015-2-11
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-2-9 20:14
I think the ONLY show stopper on the Apple DJI Pilot App is going to be the fact that they are commu ...

Hoping you are right on this one.  Otherwise it would be quite disappointing.
2015-2-11
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Yes just updated automatically.  Confirmed with Chat Line - Good to go this is the official release
2015-2-11
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

You happy now?https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id943780750?mt=8
2015-2-11
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ye ha - Im Going Flying
2015-2-11
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Enjoy.. some good news on the ios front...
2015-2-11
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blade,

Can you tell me what the "Enter Black Box Mode" is within the Advanced settings ??
2015-2-11
Use props
Scotts
lvl.2

United States

I wonder why DJI hasn't listed it on their website downloads for the Inspire 1
2015-2-11
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Scotts Posted at 2015-2-11 22:14
I wonder why DJI hasn't listed it on their website downloads for the Inspire 1

Dont know, I even asked the Chat line first thing this morning but go nothing from them.  However I have asked them again and they definately confirmed it is the ios app that everyobe has been waiting for and it is in the App shop now
2015-2-11
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It allows you to put the fc into mass storage mode. This allows you to pull data off the sdcard. Must connect to pc then enable this mode.
2015-2-11
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Scott

This was just announced,  it will be on the dji website shortly
2015-2-11
Use props
dennis.aerialpe
lvl.3
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-1-29 03:00
Balde Strike,

Can you please explain what I personally have done wrong as I struggle to understan ...

They work for DJI and they defend DJI its just that simple.  I had a conversation with Ed the other day and he has been using the apple version of the pilot app all along.  You continue to voice your opinion !!!
2015-2-11
Use props
johnnyheavens
lvl.1

United States

I'm new here and I do want the iOS app as much as anyone (as I type this on my iPad) but when I bought my shiny new inspire the other day I checked what devices were currently supported. Despite seeing what seems every video using an iPad and even having the understanding that iOS is/would be/wants to be a supported device, I wasn't going to send a $3K ship up on a device simply because it's my favorite mobile OS. I wanted a nexus 7 but settled on a nexus 9 and a tab 4 7" be cause I didn't want to buy a brand new  "old" device  . My local dji outlet even flew a demo ship for me using his iPhone 5 but it still went with what is available. Both of these devices seem to work fine on test flights tho the tab 4 seems a bit slower on video.

It just seems silly to think DJI should pay for a device that is not included with purchase. We all have the option of returning or selling our iPads if that's what we need to do. After all if all you use the iPad for is to fly than you should probably that. The nexus 9 is pretty light on the controller. However be realistic. A $300 device has a per hour cost of <$0.03usd/hr when shared over 1 year. If you are lucky enough to fly your inspire every single day for an hour plus use the iPad for another hour to setup and save flight data, DJI products are consuming <$3.15 worth of that devices annual hours. There are other factors like tax, maintenance time to update, etc but still...the device is probable used more for email and web but google isn't going to buy us chrome books when the Internet is down. I also believe DJI is at least as frustrated as any of us are but when in negotiations, the first rule is not to talk about negotiations.

GB44- In my experience it sounds like that rep was trying to hook you up. If it makes you feel any better, should they discover him I have no don't you've successfully lost him his job.

I wish us all luck in seeing the iOS app but it's not why anyone should buy an inspire 1.
2015-2-11
Use props
Scotts
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Blade strike.  Fortunately I was able to download it already but haven't flown with it yet.

2015-2-11
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

YES YES YES .... Apple Finally Approved the DJI App ---> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dji-pilot/id943780750?mt=8
2015-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules