First flight, no problems
945 2 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chiefenne
lvl.1
Austria

A short feedback here with respect to my first flight.

Due to what I read in the forum(s) I was not really sure if I should start.
BUT I COULD NOT RESIST.

I don't have the prop locks yet. I got my Inspire two weeks ago and I am running the IOS app 0.9.2 on iPad air 2.
So I knew I had to be careful. I did IMU calibration twice and also did compass calibration twice. Two batteries and TX fully charged.

I did two solid flights including gimbal and video recording. No speed flights yet, just "hovering around", max. height 100m fixed as limit and 200m max. dist fixed as limit.

It flew - and here I reuse a term I lerned in the forum - ROCK SOLID. Though I don't dare yet to push. I'll rather wait for the prop locks and an offcial IOS app release (pray).

I'm looking forward to any app and firmware updates. I like what I got. It is better than I thought.

The fact that the product has touch of a beta release, referring to IOS and troubles others are reporting, is a pretty sad state for this unique concept.
I hope that DJI comes up to speed in the required updates. Then everything would be great.

Andreas
Graz, AUSTRIA

EDIT:
Found that link on Thingiverse for 3D printing the prop locks, maybe I'll give it a try.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:653920

2015-1-28
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Thanks, Chief, for that quick review. It's good to hear other folk's (positive) experiences with the Inspire 1.
2015-1-28
Use props
dfry
lvl.1

United States

I also had my first flight yesterday with no issues. I only flew for seven minutes because it was so cold (my iPad's touchscreen had trouble recognizing my frozen fingers) and only went up to 150 feet, but I did zip around a little bit and got some very steady video. I look forward to prop locks and warmer weather. :-)
2015-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules