P3A - Video Feed is unusable - 2s delays, black screens
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hello all,

My six month old P3 Advanced has been my pride and joy this year.  But the last few flight I have taken it out I noticed myself getting really nervous and unconfident with it.

After further investigation, I have discovered the HD video feed is now very unstable.  It lags by sometimes 2-3 seconds and keeps stuttering and refreshing.  This was what was causing my insecurity in my last few flights!  It definitely never used to do this!.   The video footage is not affected, but if you can't see what you are taking then this is still a major cause for concern.

I have latest firmware 1.96.0 on the aircraft and 1.6 on RC.  Latest version of DJI Go app on ipad mini 4.

I have just been on an online chat with DJI support and after doing the usual checks about interference and channels etc. was told that I can't roll back to version 1.8.8 firmware (the previous version) as not all parts of the rollback work.  So the support person just asked me to try re-installing the current firmware again.

I was also told by the support person that no-one else has reported a problem like mine.....

Can any DJI reps or experienced pilots help me please?  I have attached a .zip of my hidden update log file.

Thanks in advance

Stu

P3S_FW_LOG_AB.zip

3.83 KB, Down times: 1

Update Log File

2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Homestead72, the LOG file that you upload is normal. Have you turned on the hardware decoding option or clean the cache of the device? Do you kill other background app before the flight?
2016-8-18
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-18 09:03
Hello Homestead72, the LOG file that you upload is normal. Have you turned on the hardware decoding  ...

Hi Paladin,  I have tried it with the hardware decoding on and off and the problem still remains.  I have cleaned the cache of the device, removed the app and re-installed.  I never have any other apps open on my iPad mini 4 as I use it just for DJI Go use.

Where do I go from here?
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-8-18 16:25
Hi Paladin,  I have tried it with the hardware decoding on and off and the problem still remains.  ...

Does the live feed still lag when the drone is in an open area free of interference? You can check it in image transmission page.
2016-8-18
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-8-18 09:25
Hi Paladin,  I have tried it with the hardware decoding on and off and the problem still remains.  ...

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the two cables to the gimbal, that's worked for myself and a few others
2016-8-18
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-8-18 10:14
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the two cables to the gimbal, that's worked for myself and a fe ...

Thank you so much!!

I have just removed both cables from the gimble and re-seated them and it appears to have fixed the problem on the bench test at least.  I will fly it later for a proper test.

(There must be an easier way to remove and re-insert the cables though..  I did it with the gimbal still attached to the aircraft.  Anyway, with a bit of swearing and luck I got them back in.)

Thanks again.
2016-8-18
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-8-18 10:30
Thank you so much!!

I have just removed both cables from the gimble and re-seated them and it app ...

I looked at removing gimbal but that could be even more of a faff. Glad it's sorted though. I've had a dozen or so flight since doing this and it's still fine.
2016-8-18
Use props
richardcharles1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1879075 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-8-18 11:02
I looked at removing gimbal but that could be even more of a faff. Glad it's sorted though. I've h ...

Stu, I've just read your message and I have the same prob, only started a couple of days ago on my 6 mth old p3a the video jumps on the second count by 3 seconds then may stop recording then start up again or just freeze, I'm looking for any advice, I'm going to try reinstalling latest softwear I've tried everything else. Very odd
2016-8-18
Use props
richardcharles1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-8-18 11:02
I looked at removing gimbal but that could be even more of a faff. Glad it's sorted though. I've h ...

I'm having the same prob
2016-8-18
Use props
richardcharles1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem, on my video just jumps three sec at a time then may stop recording then start, I've tried everything to sort it with no luck yet
2016-8-18
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

richardcharles1 Posted at 2016-8-18 11:35
I'm having the same problem, on my video just jumps three sec at a time then may stop recording then ...

You've tried disconnecting and reconnecting cables and this hasn't worked?
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-8-18 17:14
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the two cables to the gimbal, that's worked for myself and a fe ...

That's a great reminder.
2016-8-18
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

richardcharles1 Posted at 2016-8-18 11:32
Stu, I've just read your message and I have the same prob, only started a couple of days ago on my ...

Hi Richard,

Have you tried the 'disconnecting both gimbal cables and re-seating fix'  There is no real logic as to why it should work, but it did for me.  

Let us know on this thread how you get on.

Stu
2016-8-18
Use props
denkurtiger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 446417 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

wow. just tried to un attached and re attached the cable. its works.. thanks for the help

denny from indonesia
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules