FW updating from 1.4 - Anything I should know?
799 5 2016-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jay Smith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1073868 ft

Hello there. I've been flying FW v1.4 for a VERY long time (since it came out!), and would like to upgrade to the newest version of the FW for the AC and the radios. We were just gifted new ipads, and they have the newest version of the DJI Go App. My quesiton is, do I need to do each FW update in order? Or can I just pick up the most recent one, and deploy it?

I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before we head out to Burning Man this year to fly once again.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You can perform the most recent firmware update without issue. Please ensure that you upgrade the aircraft first before updating the RC. Since your RC should be on at least 1.3, you can update the RC via the DJI Go app itself. If you have not performed the RC update before through the app, you can refer to this video:

Also ensure that you perform an IMU and gimbal calibration after updating so all the sensors are refreshed.
2016-8-18
Use props
Jay Smith
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-18 09:29
You can perform the most recent firmware update without issue. Please ensure that you upgrade the ai ...

Thanks Jamie, that's the reply I was looking for! Do I also need to do all the batteries still?
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jay Smith Posted at 2016-8-19 02:09
Thanks Jamie, that's the reply I was looking for! Do I also need to do all the batteries still?

There is a likelyhood that you will need to update the batteries since the firmware you have is pretty old. The Go app will let you know if the other batteries need to be updated when you power the craft on.
2016-8-18
Use props
Jay Smith
lvl.2
United States

Updated with out any problems. Aircraft, both radios, and all the batteries. Conducted flights out at burning man this year with no software or mechanical issues. Thanks for the help fellas.
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jay Smith Posted at 2016-9-10 02:47
Updated with out any problems. Aircraft, both radios, and all the batteries. Conducted flights out a ...

Good to hear, thank you for the update.
2016-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules