Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor Problem
824 6 2016-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fillup86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 766791 ft
Canada

I seem to have gotten some grit or a small pebble stuck inside one of the motors. What would be the best course of action? Should I just order a whole new one or should I try and take it apart to get it out myself? Would that void some kind of warranty???

Thanks!
2016-8-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the Inspire is under warranty.....  you will void the warranty by taking it apart. The motors are not available from DJI and some are for sale on eBay.

These are a bit tricky to take apart, but maybe you can use some compressed air to carefully blow the debris away from the motor.. Post a photo if you can.

The best thing to do is send it into the DJI repair shop to rid yourself of any question.

Rich
2016-8-18
Use props
fillup86
lvl.2
Canada

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I don't think I want to take the chance of cleaning it out myself, hope the motor is flight worthy and then have it crash... not worth it.

Thanks for the reply though RichJ53
2016-8-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fillup86 Posted at 2016-8-18 20:52
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I don't think I want to take the chance of cleaning it out myself, h ...

no problem, I am glad I was able to help. I guess you live in Canada "A"..   Do you have to send the Inspire to California ?  I had a great repair experience with them and you should get a quick turn around depending on the damage.
Best of luck

Rich
2016-8-18
Use props
fillup86
lvl.2
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-8-19 12:46
no problem, I am glad I was able to help. I guess you live in Canada "A"..   Do you have to send t ...

Lol. Yeah I'm am Canadian. And it's 'eh' not 'A'. Haha, same pronunciation though.

I would have to send it to Alberta. In the end I think it would be worth doing it, just to get assurance that everything is fine.
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You definitely want to have the unit serviced in order to keep the warranty in tact.
2016-8-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fillup86 Posted at 2016-8-18 22:37
Lol. Yeah I'm am Canadian. And it's 'eh' not 'A'. Haha, same pronunciation though.

I would have  ...

I think you are making the right decision eh!

I have a lot of friends in Canada.  I hope you get great service from DJI like I just did

Rich
2016-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules