1597 16 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jojo.salvador.s
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11699 ft
  • >>>
United States

On Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3.X, can you move it just left and right and control the gimbal while you are waypoints? I am still researching about the capabilities of this drone before buying it.
2015-1-28
Use props
DJI-冬瑞
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi ,The gimbal can be controlled by the app,so can move it by your mobile phone.
THX.
2015-1-29
Use props
jojo.salvador.s
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

thank you but i need more clarification from your answer.  Not just the gimbal but the phantom itself.  If it's flying via the assigned waypoints and you turn it left while it's flying north so that you can grab a video or take a picture anything it's passing on the left will that process cancel the waypoints and switch itselft back to manual mode or the orientation does not matter that it will still continue finishing up it's assigned waypoints?  This is the only one reason that keeps me holding off on buying it.  
2015-1-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jojo.salvador.s Posted at 2015-1-30 02:31
thank you but i need more clarification from your answer.  Not just the gimbal but the phantom itsel ...

Flying waypoints, the Phantom will always turn to fly to the next waypoint without any control from you.  The only control you have is up or down movement on the camera.
2015-1-29
Use props
jojo.salvador.s
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

so flying waypoints i cannot make the phantom turn (not move) left and right then, right?
2015-1-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jojo.salvador.s Posted at 2015-1-30 05:00
so flying waypoints i cannot make the phantom turn (not move) left and right then, right?

That is right.  You can only move the camera up or down.
2015-1-29
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Something I am hoping to change with the app I'm working on   That is, the ability to point camera while flying GPS (I call it point of interest
2015-1-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-30 05:27
Something I am hoping to change with the app I'm working on   That is, the ability to point camera ...

Other companies have that, I don't understand why DJI won't incorporate that into their programming.
2015-1-29
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-30 05:28
Other companies have that, I don't understand why DJI won't incorporate that into their programmin ...

I can't say why DJI doesn't app it but maybe they use this as a selling point for their higher end products (e.g. Lightbridge, etc).  I'm only taking a guess here but it sounds like something a business would do to differentiate between their higher end products.

I kind of like that they aren't doing it; it gives me something to do
2015-1-29
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-30 06:14
I can't say why DJI doesn't app it but maybe they use this as a selling point for their higher end ...

If you need something else to do, I wish the phantom could do waypoints flying backwards. Reason: video shots panning out(backwards) cos more stable in waypoints mode than me flying backwards.
2015-1-29
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tonyphantom147. Posted at 2015-1-30 06:59
If you need something else to do, I wish the phantom could do waypoints flying backwards. Reason: v ...

It appears to be possible to do that;  Once I get a version with flight I'll report here if it works.
2015-1-29
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-30 07:07
It appears to be possible to do that;  Once I get a version with flight I'll report here if it wor ...

Wow, brilliant
2015-1-29
Use props
jojo.salvador.s
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

a lot of good input and advised here.  i am in touch with a plexidrone tech and they were claiming theirs can do that (but i do not see it in action yet though there are some videos out there but just showing the plexidrone flying with a lot of hype and talks) because it will be application driven (which is true), 3d gimbal with no obstruction on left and right because it's retractable landing gear...i believe that except i do not want to buy something that is not out there yet (word of mouth and a lot of endorsements).  Plexidrone will come out in March this year (you can pledge now as they are still running their campaing $979 for the ultimate version) so i'll just wait for it and see if they are true to their words.  Flying waypoints with the ability to just tilt the camera up and down and no sides is something i do not have in mind (not possible because the landing gear is fixed on both sides), so hopefully DJI can come up with something that will match the features on the PlexiDrone...
2015-1-30
Use props
jojo.salvador.s
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-30 05:02
That is right.  You can only move the camera up or down.

thanks for the clarification....
2015-1-30
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-30 06:14
I can't say why DJI doesn't app it but maybe they use this as a selling point for their higher end ...

So finish it already! ;-)

I downloaded it last week but I haven't tested yet.  Been far too cold and snowy here in eastern PA.
2015-1-30
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Friffy1 Posted at 2015-1-30 21:58
So finish it already! ;-)

I downloaded it last week but I haven't tested yet.  Been far too cold  ...

I've cut back my sleep to 2 hours a night and I quit shaving and eat at my desk...

I guess I can cut out the sleep ;)
2015-1-30
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-31 01:15
I've cut back my sleep to 2 hours a night and I quit shaving and eat at my desk...

I guess I can  ...

Heh.  Sleep when you're dead!  Plenty of time for that then!

I see you made a new release yesterday. I'm confused at how it's possible to be both a Release Candidate AND a Final Version at the same time.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the "extra" features are active, right?  So it's (basically) no better than the stock DJI app right now?

Just trying to get a better idea of where things actually are today.

Thanks!
2015-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules