What are Best Gain & Expo settings for Inspire 1 Pro?
5370 7 2016-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vortex Drone Se
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21296 ft
United States

Hello all,

I trust all is well and you are flying high.

I have been getting ton of different " I know what is best" information that's contradicting.

So I thought to ask the real experts here about Best settings for Gain & Expo for Inspire Pro1

Can you experienced flyers share here with us What should be a good setting for normal(ish) flying conditions.

thank you in advance

T.

2016-8-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I leave the gains alone personally , The gains are used to adjust how the aircraft reacts to external forces such as wind, pressure etc.  and then how aggressive it will react.

Expo on the other hand I would adjust, ( Expo adjusts the Input of the stick movements ) the throttle , rudder and yaw and back to front are all set at 40 at the factory,  which is a small amount of negative expom 50 is linear ( No Effect ) if you go above 50 your stick movements are super sensitive (Mostly not wanted in video flying  ) I would  not adjust the throttle, I would lower the rudder expo to 25 and lower the Yaw Pitch to 30.

You will want to adjust according to your style, just go down slowly.  Be sure to lower the Gimable roll wheel speed as well, down to about 35 to 40 , this is under RC control settings .

And dont take my advice only , look for consensus and make your own logical conclusions, you after all are the Pilot.

donnie

2016-8-20
Use props
Eric S
New
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-20 08:09
I leave the gains alone personally , The gains are used to adjust how the aircraft reacts to external forces such as wind, pressure etc.  and then how aggressive it will react.

Expo on the other hand I would adjust, ( Expo adjusts the Input of the stick movements ) the throttle , rudder and yaw and back to front are all set at 40 at the factory,  which is a small amount of negative expom 50 is linear ( No Effect ) if you go above 50 your stick movements are super sensitive (Mostly not wanted in video flying  ) I would  not adjust the throttle, I would lower the rudder expo to 25 and lower the Yaw Pitch to 30.

Is all of this done through the Go APP?
2017-3-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Eric S Posted at 2017-3-9 09:26
Is all of this done through the Go APP?

Yes all of this is done through the go app  . Make sure the entire system is on because many of the settings are stored on the aircraft itself and not actually on the Go app.  

Fire up system in this order
1- RC
2- AC
3- go app ( the go app device can be on , just dont open the app till last .

Turn off system in this order always . ( this order locks the changes to the aircraft
1- AC
2- RC
3- go app

donnie
2017-3-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-9 12:17
Yes all of this is done through the go app  . Make sure the entire system is on because many of the settings are stored on the aircraft itself and not actually on the Go app.  

Fire up system in this order

HI Donnie,

I use your start and shut-down sequence but after the latest FW upgrade, I get an 'air-encoder' error message + no video feed often. The issue is easily resolved by restarting the Inspire 2 but its a nuisance and I wonder if DJI is going to write us about this.
2017-3-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-9 15:27
HI Donnie,

I use your start and shut-down sequence but after the latest FW upgrade, I get an 'air-encoder' error message + no video feed often. The issue is easily resolved by restarting the Inspire 2 but its a nuisance and I wonder if DJI is going to write us about this.

Yes Mike , I have seen this with many of  the Inspire 2 pilots, I wonder what the cause is......

I am sure they will fix it BUT it always leads to something else .

donnie
2017-3-10
Use props
fans9f85da53
lvl.3
Flight distance : 502982 ft
United States

What about the Inspire 2, are the gain/expo settings the same as for the Inspire 1? And the startup sequence is always the same, right? I have a lot of trouble with getting any information from DJI as I am sure everyone else is too!!
2017-10-20
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

fans9f85da53 Posted at 2017-10-20 11:18
What about the Inspire 2, are the gain/expo settings the same as for the Inspire 1? And the startup sequence is always the same, right? I have a lot of trouble with getting any information from DJI as I am sure everyone else is too!!

In my opinion the Inspire 2 is already perfect from the factory!
2017-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules