1030 7 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pidetectives.em
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just heard on FOX News DJI is updating there software to include a NO FLY ZONE all over Washington DC . Soon local municipalities will request or demand DJI to do the same.

Just takes one idiot to mess it up.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/2 ... fly-white-house-d-c
2015-1-28
Use props
outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

Washington, DC is a restricted zone to begin with. DJI is just enforcing that on their end.
2015-1-28
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Saw this on the news this am as well...
Joker ruined it all in one shot of foolish flying what an dipstick!!!!!!!!!!!

All this is going to do is empower monitors of the status quo like Joe six pack, or menopause Mom to hassle you now in the field not cool..
2015-1-28
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Unbelievable, truly concerned where this may lead next! Some of the most exciting opportunities for me are filming in urban areas. This can be done responsibly but am afraid this morons actions may have opened Pandora's box as far as restrictions and future legislature is concerned.
2015-1-28
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-1-29 05:13
Saw this on the news this am as well...
Joker ruined it all in one shot of foolish flying what an di ...

I needed that laugh today
2015-1-28
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

On a slightly related note I hear that raptor associations are now decrying the use of multi-rotors where birds fly . Now I love me some raptors and one of the main reasons I use these machines is to try to photograph them...obviously from a distance as I'm not that skilled and they aren't that dumb.  But since they can't talk I guess they won't be turning me in.

I feel bad for everyone who wants to capture scenes in DC  but maybe this was inevitable. If it wasn't that drunken guy it would have been someone else sooner or later.  Hope this doesn't spread out too much. Also some nasty folks want to do bad things and we have already lost a tremendous amount of freedom...in part because of our inability or unwillingness to disassociate  those who would do bad things from the rest of the population.  I guess this is just a casualty of the times we live in.  Reckon we can expect this type of restriction on any area where there are government buildings  and in short order.  Can't say I blame them.  Look for firmware update after update I guess.  Just hope it doesn't spread too far beyond the sensitive areas.

Dan
2015-1-28
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

Jeez.  I wonder if these are the same people that are trying to bring down wind farms because they also kill birds.
2015-1-28
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Anyone check into liability insurance or have links,ugh...
Population is growing too fast and not educated enough for this tech sadly..could it be ahead of its time??
2015-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules