First flights M600 no problem
972 6 2016-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N800UA
lvl.1

United States

Hi.
just wanted to report my first 3 flights with M600 with Zenmuse Z15 5D3HD have been error free mostly.  The gimbal seems to want to have tilted horizon.  I calibrate and it's ok but then it returns.  I am only single operator so gimbal only pitches up and down to the front which is normal I believe.

2016-8-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Does the gimbal seem balanced? Are you using one of the recommended lenses?
2016-8-21
Use props
N800UA
lvl.1

United States

Hi...
Yes the gimbal seems balanced and I am using ONLY the DJI recommended lens for this camera/gimbal combination.  When it starts up it is turned about 4 degrees to the left and the horizon is off a little bit.  Seems to correct after I calibrate but seems to require calibration every flight or power down and restart.
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

N800UA Posted at 2016-8-25 02:34
Hi...
Yes the gimbal seems balanced and I am using ONLY the DJI recommended lens for this camera/gim ...

Do you happen to notice whether this occurs in either H-Free or in H-Trace? Just to clarify, would you perform an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration in that order? If you have done that and all the firmware is up to date, then the Z15 may need to come in for additional service. They do have access to equipment that can fine tune the gimbal and alleviate the issue.
2016-8-24
Use props
N800UA
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-25 06:23
Do you happen to notice whether this occurs in either H-Free or in H-Trace? Just to clarify, would ...

Hi.. I am un-sure what H-Free or H-Trace means.   The problem has not gone away.  Sorry I am slow responding.  Just busy.  
2016-9-3
Use props
johnbarr00
lvl.2
United States

Love my M600, 6 flights in with ZERO issues. Full 30 minute flight time with A7RII on MX.
2016-9-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

N800UA Posted at 2016-9-4 01:30
Hi.. I am un-sure what H-Free or H-Trace means.   The problem has not gone away.  Sorry I am slow  ...

H-Free means that the gimbal is not orientation locked and H-Trace is when the gimbal is orientation locked. Could you happen to provide a small video on the issue in order to see the extent of the tilting? Have you looked into a potential repair service with the North American Support Center as well?
2016-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules