Can't get past "How to Connect" screen
1945 13 2016-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deyonker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft

At first i would get to camera mode, but i would get "gimbal" disconnected message and no GPS and would not let me fly.
Now i cannot get to camera mode at all.
I start RC.  I start Drone.  I plug in my iOS device.  I am stuck on the 'HOW TO CONNECT'

I have tried Ipad Pro, IPhone 6S Plus, and iPad mini 3.  all running iOS 9.3.4
I've tried 3 different cables.
I'm current firmware for both the RC and the P4.

I tried Live chat support but it was completely not very helpful.

2016-8-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try starting aircraft, wait for a minute or two until rear lights are flashing steady yellow (cycling through its self check, if indoors & no GPS), then power up RC (LED on RC will glow steady green if 'talking' to aircraft), then connect device and launch DJI GO.
2016-8-20
Use props
deyonker
lvl.1

Thanks for the reply.  

when i do it in that order... i get the blinking yellow lights on P4.  I then turn on RC.  I get a slow blinking green light on the RC and the P4 has blinking green lights now.  Plug iPhone in and still stuck on the How to Connect screen.

I feel like the phone used to buzz a little like it was charging when i plugged it in, in the past.  that doesn't happen anymore.
2016-8-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Try turning on RC and device/app first, then engage the phantom.

RedHotPoker
2016-8-20
Use props
caranod
lvl.1

United States

In the app, you have p3 selected in stead of p4
2016-8-20
Use props
caranod
lvl.1

United States

I'm guessing
image.jpeg
image.png
2016-8-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, "HOW TO CONNECT" message means the communication between the RC and mobile device is interrupted because when you turn on the rc and connect the device to it, app will turn to P4's page automatically.And just to clarify, when your drone and RC are on, what's the RC indicator color?
2016-8-21
Use props
deyonker
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-22 12:12
Hello, "HOW TO CONNECT" message means the communication between the RC and mobile device is interrup ...

It's green.  It looks like the drone and the RC are connected, but the RC and the mobile device connection doesn't seem to work.  I've always had Phantom 4 selected in the DJI Go app.  It just degraded over time.  First got Gimbal disconnected error, then couldn't get to camera mode at all.
I can't even get the RC to connect to my Mac.
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

deyonker Posted at 2016-8-23 11:36
It's green.  It looks like the drone and the RC are connected, but the RC and the mobile device con ...

The communication between mobile device and RC is interrupted. If you have tried different deices, please contact our support and send it in for diagnosis. What's more, it doesn't hurt to take out the SD card and try again.
2016-8-22
Use props
deyonker
lvl.1

What do the SD card and the RC have to do with each other?
2016-8-22
Use props
geoffwest
New
Flight distance : 41207 ft
United Kingdom

I had same symptoms on my 3 week old P3A and was shocked to see the number of posts on the forum from folks with identical problem - all unresolved!! DJI Ken said it was to do with IOS devices but I replaced my IPhone with an android and still had identical problem so clearly that's not the issue. As a last resort i've just pressed the reset button on the side of the AC and after a reboot everything is working fine, worth trying and I'm sure other folks would like to hear if it works for you as well, Rgds
2016-8-27
Use props
deyonker
lvl.1

I don't think the RC has a reset button.  There's a weird button pushing combo that doesn't work for me.
I am STILL confused why DJI is suggesting removing the SD card in the Phantom 4.  My device does not connect to the RC.... that's the problem.
2016-8-27
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I have been having this issue too lately: My process is and always was: connect RC to iphone, turn on the RC, run on the app, and then turn on the P4. As soon as the P4 comes on, then the screen populates with data.  Recently, I had 4 times when nothing would change on the app screen, although I turned the P4 on.  It would just stay blank, like the P4 was not on.  The fix is usually turn off the app and restart it.  I thought apple apps are not supposed to need that ol windows reboot?? And my confidence is lowered so I am afraid to fly any real  distance flights now.

I am waiting for the "FIX ALL" update soon!!!
2016-8-27
Use props
killerkustums
lvl.1

United States

I had the same thing on my P4. It was telling me that my device was an inspire. All sorts of issues. I just ordered a nexus 7 thaat I hope will help and it doesn't have android 6.0 +   Fingures crossed.
2016-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules