"gimbal mode reached end point" ERROR
2881 15 2016-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bmcoh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61283 ft
Israel

When turning on my Inspire 1 pro, the gimbal(X5) makes a checkup test, rolling and then starts shaking. I get the message: "gimbal mode reached end point" and I can't use it.
It's never been hit and looks complete. I have to mention that day earlier I heard a low hum noise from the gimbal but it was perfectly functioning. The error is on power on and even before motors start.
Need your aid. Thanks

2016-8-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Be sure to check the "Advanced Mode " in Gimbal settings  under the 'General settings " tab in the top right corner of the Go app.  make sure that one of the Settings is not set to  Zero or a very low setting.

If it is doing the shake during the power up , then you may have a more serious problem.

Does the shaking start after the initialization or during the initialization .

Be sure to do an IMU and Gimbal calibration  ( In that order ) and see if it clears up.

donnie

donnie

2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did you happen to notice this after a firmware update or long term storage? Try out Donnie's suggestion and let us know of any changes.
2016-8-21
Use props
NoirBrillant
lvl.1
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-21 22:18
Did you happen to notice this after a firmware update or long term storage? Try out Donnie's suggest ...

This is my first post in here and I wanted to say hello to everybody.

I am very disappointed (I mean really upset) about my DJI Inspire Pro because I have another issue (this is not the first one), and that one is a massive problem. Lost more than 5000 € because of a capricious drone
I have the exactly same issue than "bmcoh". I've made a tiny video to show what's going on.

The shaking / rolling / dancing (!) issue is during the initialization just after power on the drone and appear the first time after a - normal - flight after I've changed the battery. I got the same message as "bmcoh": "gimbal mode reached end point". I verified many things, did an IMU and Gimbal Calibration (in that order), but nothing.

Any suggestions before send it - again! - to DJI ?

BTW, videos are awesome but pictures are very bad quality even in RAW (DNG) and Zenmuse X5
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Do you still need help, bmcoh?
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

NoirBrillant Posted at 2016-9-14 23:44
This is my first post in here and I wanted to say hello to everybody.

I am very disappointed (I m ...

As I had asked bmcoh, did this happen after a firmware update, hard landing or long term storage? Have you  looked into Donnie's advice as well?
2016-9-14
Use props
bmcoh
lvl.1
Israel

I tried everything but couldn't fix the problem. No firmware update before it happened. DJI advised me to check if there's some dust or something stuck in the motors but I found nothing. I guess it happened because of  slight pressure on the gimbal and a motor axis distortion. I had to send it to DJI and still waiting for their answers.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bmcoh Posted at 2016-9-15 06:32
I tried everything but couldn't fix the problem. No firmware update before it happened. DJI advised  ...

How long ago did you send the unit in for repair? Do you happen to have either your RMA number or case number?
2016-9-14
Use props
NoirBrillant
lvl.1
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-14 20:37
As I had asked bmcoh, did this happen after a firmware update, hard landing or long term storage?  ...

It happened about 10 days after the last firmware update, but did several flights between with no hard landing or long term storage.
Yep, did every Donnie's advice ;)
2016-9-14
Use props
bmcoh
lvl.1
Israel

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-15 06:47
How long ago did you send the unit in for repair? Do you happen to have either your RMA number or  ...

Case Number:CAS-229183-M6K2S6. It was sent about 10-12 days ago.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

NoirBrillant Posted at 2016-9-15 15:47
It happened about 10 days after the last firmware update, but did several flights between with no  ...

Just to make sure I'm visually on the same page, you did have a couple good flights within those 10 days or you did not use it for 10 days and that's when you noticed this issue?
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bmcoh Posted at 2016-9-15 15:54
Case Number:CAS-229183-M6K2S6. It was sent about 10-12 days ago.

It looks as though it has not made it to the facility yet. Do you have a tracking number for your package and if so, have you checked to see if it shows delivered?
2016-9-15
Use props
NoirBrillant
lvl.1
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-15 20:57
Just to make sure I'm visually on the same page, you did have a couple good flights within those 1 ...

You're right, I have several (1 or 2 by day, it depends on the request of my client) good flights after the firmware update, then rolling and shaking :/
2016-9-15
Use props
bmcoh
lvl.1
Israel

Great service by DJI.
My X5 returned yesterday after 3 weeks, fixed with no charge (except the shipment)
Thanks. That's the way...
2016-9-27
Use props
NoirBrillant
lvl.1
France

bmcoh Posted at 2016-9-27 18:54
Great service by DJI.
My X5 returned yesterday after 3 weeks, fixed with no charge (except the shipm ...

Hello bmcoh,

What did they tell you about the problem and what have been fixed / changed / modified ?
Thanks
2016-10-5
Use props
bmcoh
lvl.1
Israel

They just fixed it.My dealer told me : No charhe. So I didn't even ask questions {-:
2016-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules