Prop Balancing
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

hi

Being a new/recent p3 pro owner and wanting to take care/look after my p3 pro as much as possible im looking into to start balancing my props,also thinking about ordering a set of dji   
9450 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Self-tightening Propellers but i have a few questions on this subject:
1 why do we need to balance our props - for bettter flight ? etc

2 what do i need to buy ? a balancing rod/balancing machine ?

3 how often do you balance your props ?

4 what meathods/process do you use ?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
2016-8-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Prop balance does not affect flight too much, it is mostly in order to eliminate the jello effect when shooting video.

The props from DJI arrive usually balanced OK, but some may not be, so it is worthwhile buying a DuBro prop balancer, plus the ccorrect balancing rod for your aircraft type. The procedure for using the balancer is well covered, both on here if you do a search or on Youtube.

As to how often you balance them, usually you check all new props and balance if necessary. After that, you do not need to touch them unless they get a nick in them, in which case you should replace them anyway.

2016-8-20
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-20 22:49
Prop balance does not affect flight too much, it is mostly in order to eliminate the jello effect wh ...

hi Geebax,

many thanks for your reply/advice with this, good to know about the props being balanced just the once when new. Im looking at these balancing rod/balancing machine for p3 pro, are these good ?

prop balancing machine - http://www.wirelessmadness.com/d ... -0M4CFVU_GwodXM8N9g

balancing rod - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROFES ... :g:YNoAAOSweW5VLivC

thanks
2016-8-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, the DuBro Tru-Spin balancer is the best one. But DuBro also sell the correct rod for your aircraft. There is a special double-end rod for the P3.
2016-8-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I think it should be mentioned also that running correctly balanced props will cut down on vibration, taking some of the stress off of the plastics, especially the motor mount pillars.
2016-8-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-8-21 12:08
I think it should be mentioned also that running correctly balanced props will cut down on vibration ...

Yes, very good point.
2016-8-20
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

I just ordered this one. Comes with the correct shaft for Phantom.
Balancer
2016-8-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Forum friend @Rigworker kindly lent me his set.
After borrowing his Dubro prop balancer, I found that the @DJI OEM props of mine, to be very well balanced out of the pack.

I would like to think, most of them, are going to be quite similarly, very accurate. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-8-20
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-21 13:00
Forum friend @Rigworker kindly lent me his set.
After borrowing his Dubro prop balancer, I found tha ...

Yeah I almost didn't order one thinking the same thing. But they are cheap enough and then you know for sure.
2016-8-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There is very little to remove, if you do, at all. ;-)
Yes, having balanced props can remove some minor vibration, which will create that jello effect in videos.
Better to know they Are balanced, than not.

RedHotPoker
2016-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules