Upgrading firmware JUMP from 1.4.0.70 to v1.9.1.30
1097 2 2016-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnmcmahon.ie
lvl.1

Ireland

My i1 PRO is currently on FW 1.4.0.70 is it posible to jump the inbetween FW's and go right to v1.9.1.30 from 1.4.0.70.I didn't want to upgrade the last couple of time because people have been having problems.

Thanks
2016-8-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Yes you can, Just make sure you download the proper version , Since you have the Pro, make sure you dont accidentally get the Inspire Raw version, the version numbers are nearly identical .  Also make sure you format the SD card.  Use a PC if you can , unless you are very familiar with a MAC for SD card formatting , in some , NOT ALL cases folks have trouble, I have seen it a hundred times.  

You will also need to update the RC transmitter as well.  You batteries will also need to be updated.  Do NOT Have the RC transmitter on when updating the Aircraft and Vice versa.
UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT ALWAYS FIRST , THEN THE TRANSMITTER

After updating  you remove the SD card with the   from the Aircraft be sure to look for  the 'Succes " message in the log.  

Also be sure to read my tips page before updating, it will only take a minute and may save you some grief.
I just bought a new X5 camera yesterday, so this is all fresh in my mind.  The update takes about 20 min, wait fore the lights on the camera to stop flashing Green and Red, it will eventually go soft solid green and the tone will change from four beat tone to a 3 beat tone, then you know its done ,  when in doubt give it more time and check for "Success" on the SD card to confirm .
Make sure after checking for "Success " on the SD card that you format it and dont put it back in the aircraft, this is just a reminder, I did that once and accidently started a downgrade on my aircraft, so I always format the SD  when I am through.  
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

donnie

2016-8-21
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

I would be interested if you experience any changes in flying characteristics after the update. Its rare someone move from 1.4 to 1.9 directly.
2016-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules