M600+Ronin MX shaking problem
12Next >
13048 40 2016-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allstar
lvl.1

Taiwan

I`m very sure setting of MX is perfect, balancing test shows "Excellent" , but the image is shaking when it fly with M600.
It looks like the shock mount isn`t working, dose anyone has this issue?

2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you tried adjusting your stiffness? Are all the components up to date with the latest firmware? Can you clarify what camera you are using with this set up?
2016-8-21
Use props
allstar
lvl.1

Taiwan

Hi,
Thanks for reply,
I tested again today, reset up Ronin and did auto tune. frimware is the latest both on ronin and m600.  Camera is sony A7R2 with E mount lens, image stabilizer off.
The issue is as same as the last video:
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... 5-b80f-3725dfe7005e
2016-8-22
Use props
Motti7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40976496 ft
  • >>>

I have the same issues. Not too happy with the MX on the M600. The MX seems to work fine on the ground but in the air I had better results with my old setup S1000 GH4. I am also using the Sony A7 R 2 with the Batis 18  mm. What's interesting is if I put a bigger camera on my MX like my Canon 5D Mark 3 it works much better. So I know it is a setup issues or the camera is just too light.
2016-8-25
Use props
Ali Osman KILIÇ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1017162 ft
Turkey

bende de Cardio sorun var.Video linkini ekliyorum.Sizce neden
2016-10-14
Use props
Pixel Sky 8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4226 ft
Australia

Motti7 Posted at 2016-8-25 19:03
I have the same issues. Not too happy with the MX on the M600. The MX seems to work fine on the ground but in the air I had better results with my old setup S1000 GH4. I am also using the Sony A7 R 2 with the Batis 18  mm. What's interesting is if I put a bigger camera on my MX like my Canon 5D Mark 3 it works much better. So I know it is a setup issues or the camera is just too light.

Hi Motti7
You mentioned that you have used the 5D Mark iii on the Ronin-Matrice combination.
I have been struggling to get the same combination to record using the camera. I am using the RSS unit for Canon with DJI supplied cable for camera which has an infra-red end.

I have been struggling to get the same combination to record using the camera. I am using the RSS unit for Canon with DJI supplied cable for camera which has an infra-red end.

I am getting live footage to the remote but just cannot use the shutter or video recording using my remote control.  

Can you please help? If you can just guide me through the specific camera settings
Ken
2017-3-16
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

This is basically a universal problem with the M600 and Ronin MX. I am running a Sony A7Sii and RED Weapon on the M600, and jello is the name of the game every time. Camera is perfectly balanced, outfilter setting increased a bit (which helps a little bit), but overall, there's not much you can do. The reason?

The stock DJI vibration damper is total garbage. I am having a custom damper made for the M600/Ronin MX specifically to deal with this issue. I will post back with results when I get it.

TL;DR: you're not alone, and it's likely the crap DJI damper.
2017-3-16
Use props
petercoxphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 939816 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

3x3q Posted at 2017-3-16 23:35
This is basically a universal problem with the M600 and Ronin MX. I am running a Sony A7Sii and RED Weapon on the M600, and jello is the name of the game every time. Camera is perfectly balanced, outfilter setting increased a bit (which helps a little bit), but overall, there's not much you can do. The reason?

The stock DJI vibration damper is total garbage. I am having a custom damper made for the M600/Ronin MX specifically to deal with this issue. I will post back with results when I get it.

Did you get this made and did it work? I'm having the same problems.

Thanks,
Peter
2017-4-22
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Austria

A improved damper helps alot, but doesn't get rid of the problem completely, if you add weight to the setup it should work better, when the camera and lens combo is too light vibrations are hard to get rid off.
2017-4-22
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-4-22 12:16
A improved damper helps alot, but doesn't get rid of the problem completely, if you add weight to the setup it should work better, when the camera and lens combo is too light vibrations are hard to get rid off.
[view_image]

Nice LEDs! How are you powering those?
2017-4-23
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

3x3q Posted at 2017-4-23 14:51
Nice LEDs! How are you powering those?

That red "thing" on the top left is a 8.4V battery, they are actually just bike led's I got from Amazon. very simple setup the battery is fixed with some velcro, pretty light weight to,
It would even be possible to power them from the M600 but adding the parts to make that possible would not improve weight saving, that much.
I can see the light easily from over 500m during a sunny day.
2017-4-24
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-4-24 11:08
That red "thing" on the top left is a 8.4V battery, they are actually just bike led's I got from Amazon. very simple setup the battery is fixed with some velcro, pretty light weight to,
It would even be possible to power them from the M600 but adding the parts to make that possible would not improve weight saving, that much.

Would it anger you if DJI started to advertise their M600 drone before they even had viable solutions for mounting Large Format Cameras?  As well,  would it anger you to find out DJI didn't shoot their own promotional video with a RoninMX gimbal??   I don't know what the truth is,  however if you look close at that video,  you may notice a few things…………
2017-5-3
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-4-24 11:08

Would it anger you if DJI started to advertise their M600 drone before they even had viable solutions for mounting Large Format Cameras?  As well,  would it anger you to find out DJI didn't shoot their own promotional video with a RoninMX gimbal??   I don't know what the truth is,  however if you look close at that video,  you may notice a few things…………
2017-5-3
Use props
endre
lvl.1

Hungary

2017-6-1
Use props
Randolphin
lvl.2
Australia

Have you used this damper does it work? Not only do I get shaky video with the sony A7r2 and ronin mx I can't get sharp stills unless I'm using well over 1/1000 and over 1/2000  if the camera is pointing straight down, will this damper help.
2017-6-8
Use props
tecel8
lvl.1
Germany

We have the same problem, Ronin mx, DJI damper-kit and shaky footage. So we are going to test different damper options. IF the above damper works fine we would go for it. Has anybody tried that thing out? We fly the Ronin mx with GH5, cineprimes, focuspulling, connex on a futaba rx. Weight around 4,5 kg.

Any news would be great! And the DJI damper plate really ...cks. Btw, has anybody tried to put a ARRI MINI in the MX? DJI advertised with that option...

Best regards

2017-7-11
Use props
tecel8
lvl.1
Germany

Just ordered the above dampener kit. I will write our experience here.

Best regards
2017-7-12
Use props
Randolphin
lvl.2
Australia

Hi how did this go have you tried this damper?
2017-7-27
Use props
tecel8
lvl.1
Germany

We tested the wire damper - you see some jitter on hard stops but overall a very good solution. No jellow or jitters anymore :-)

2017-07-24 19.13.20.jpg
2017-8-31
Use props
paul
lvl.1
United Kingdom

funny how dji havent responded to anymore posts???
im using ronin mx with the damperzen system and the gh5 with 12mm samyang lens even after balancing correctly i get jellow shaky footage ive even had the ronin replaced yet its still the same i have been asking since march for a resolve from dji yet they cant supply one
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

paul@eaglevista Posted at 2017-10-9 11:50
funny how dji havent responded to anymore posts???
im using ronin mx with the damperzen system and the gh5 with 12mm samyang lens even after balancing correctly i get jellow shaky footage ive even had the ronin replaced yet its still the same i have been asking since march for a resolve from dji yet they cant supply one

The initial video footage is based on a Ronin attached to an M600 and flying. Do you have footage on what you are experiencing? You can post here.
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

For those who are experiencing shaky footage with the Ronin MX, please refer to the troubleshooting section of the manual on page 44. Refer to point 2 and point 3 and try some of the steps in there. You can send me a personal message and I would be happy to help if the steps suggested are not working: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 1.2_en_20160711.pdf
2017-10-10
Use props
paul
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-10 08:09
For those who are experiencing shaky footage with the Ronin MX, please refer to the troubleshooting section of the manual on page 44. Refer to point 2 and point 3 and try some of the steps in there. You can send me a personal message and I would be happy to help if the steps suggested are not working: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ronin-mx/en/Ronin-MX_User_Manual_V1.2_en_20160711.pdf

the matrice 600 and ronin mx is not fit for purpose and the mx is not meant to fly.
so ive been battling this issue since March and have even had a mx replaced recently and still the issue persists.
dji have silently removed the matrice from production in favour of the pro as they knew that the messed up with the matrice yet they wont admit it and recall all of them.
The resonance from the cf tubes and un-balanced props are more than likely causing the vibrations when attached to the matrice.
So dji mark i want my money back can you arrange that ??
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

paul@eaglevista Posted at 2017-10-10 13:49
the matrice 600 and ronin mx is not fit for purpose and the mx is not meant to fly.
so ive been battling this issue since March and have even had a mx replaced recently and still the issue persists.
dji have silently removed the matrice from production in favour of the pro as they knew that the messed up with the matrice yet they wont admit it and recall all of them.

Unfortunately, it would be outside of a refund period. As there are a number of posts regarding this issue, can you advise for me if you had a technician look at your equipment? Where are you located?
2017-10-10
Use props
Himo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42812 ft
Canada

Im honestly disappointed reading about the Ronin MX + Matrice 600 shaking problem.
I Bought my Matrice 600 with a Dji X5 (no issues) but i was hoping to later upgrade to Ronin MX + Sony A7r or a camera with the same weight.
Is the shaking a problem with all cameras? i guess my question is there a camera + ronin mx solution that does not suffer from the Shaking problem?
Am i stuck with A X5 setup? dji could atleast release the X7 for the Matrice 600.
2017-11-27
Use props
Harbourmedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3683615 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-10 13:53
Unfortunately, it would be outside of a refund period. As there are a number of posts regarding this issue, can you advise for me if you had a technician look at your equipment? Where are you located?

I have an M600 and have exactly the same issues with the m600. In fact it's the ronin mx that's rubbish here. I'm sure all who are posting here, are seeing the vibration issues and camera nodding.  It's funny because DJI completely dismiss this happens and yet it's in their own promotional film to launch the product. (I would love to see the rushes)     3:36 camera nodding.

I don't think anyone is denying that DJI make some great products, but what would be helpful, is that they refine them before moving onto something else.  

Once bitten twice shy here, so before I buy another DJI product for this kind of money, it's gonna be decided by user feedback.
2017-11-30
Use props
Kover
lvl.3
Belgium

Harbourmedia Posted at 2017-11-30 11:00
I have an M600 and have exactly the same issues with the m600. In fact it's the ronin mx that's rubbish here. I'm sure all who are posting here, are seeing the vibration issues and camera nodding.  It's funny because DJI completely dismiss this happens and yet it's in their own promotional film to launch the product. (I would love to see the rushes)     3:36 camera nodding.

I don't think anyone is denying that DJI make some great products, but what would be helpful, is that they refine them before moving onto something else.  

Hi,

Had the same problem with vibrations in the image for months (Matrice 600 pro + ronin mx + panasonic GH4). Hardly noticeable but they gave the image a blurred, out-of-focus- look. The vibrations were in the pan-axis, a straight edge of a wall e.g. was 'trembling' from left to right . I balanced everything there is to balance, tried to fix the dampersystem, changed gimbal-settings.... but it's only since I added 250 grams of lead to the back of the MX (i.e. in the pan-axis), that I dare to say that I am vibrations-free now. Touching wood. Maybe I should spread the extra-weight over the back and the front of the MX but so far so good.Can't say I'm very impressed by the Gremsy neither :

Hope it helps. Good luck

2017-12-1
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 645804 ft
United States

Following.
2017-12-4
Use props
fans0efa41da
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have been trying to solve the vibration problem on my M600 for almost a year and I have emails going to between myself and DJI support for all of that time, I’ve trued absolutely everything they have suggested and am also now of the opinion that the damping Just isn’t up to it and DJI are basically now saying there is nothing they can do!!

I spent over £10,000 for this set up including flight cases, batteries and accessories and it hasn’t done a single paid for job.

I have spent countless days tweaking and testing the drone to always have shakey footage, I’ve managed to get it about 85% perfect but still not stable enough for paid work, it’s a disgrace that DJI Won’t admit they’re problems with this machine when it’s clearly not working!

Heliguy in the UK have had my M600 for nearly 3 months and have not been able to solve it either, we have now bought a custom vibration plate from Hungary and will be fitting that in the coming weeks at which point it will be over a year since we purchased this drone without a single job been done with it.

It’s a disgrace really when you consider we as a company have over £50,000 in DJI kit!

I’ll post the results of the vibration plate against the DJI standard kit and prove that it’s the problem.

Camera GH5 + cine primes
Also used RED epic with same results.
2017-12-15
Use props
i.am.ivan.stan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345302 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

can anyone update on this. have 3rd party dampers solved anything ?
2018-1-21
Use props
i.am.ivan.stan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

2018-1-22
Use props
fans0efa41da
lvl.1

i.am.ivan.stan Posted at 2018-1-21 18:34
can anyone update on this. have 3rd party dampers solved anything ?

Yes I can.
2018-5-14
Use props
fans0efa41da
lvl.1

i.am.ivan.stan Posted at 2018-1-21 18:34
can anyone update on this. have 3rd party dampers solved anything ?

Yes I can I have been playing with this for the past 3 days.
2018-5-14
Use props
fans0efa41da
lvl.1
United Kingdom

going to put up full update tomorrow. Links, pics, tips.
2018-5-14
Use props
Fuwubuman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750436 ft
Netherlands

fans0efa41da Posted at 2018-5-14 14:54

Any update on this? ;)
2018-8-4
Use props
i.am.ivan.stan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

fans0efa41da Posted at 5-14 14:54

moron.....
2018-12-6
Use props
scottdavey 4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 939301 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi guys I have the same problem as all of you! I have just came across this video it proves it can be done! I have asked him for more info and going to look at getting a damperzen myself.

Will keep you posted.

Regards Scott

CAA approved pilot
2019-1-6
Use props
WeFly ApS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6430187 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Watch the ad again - the last few seconds actually show that the wire damper was used in the commercial ;)
2019-3-7
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Looks like this wire damper was used only on the crane mount. Does it work on M600, can somebody post a results with aftermarket damper?
Thanks!
2020-3-19
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

So far I managed to get very stable and good looking footage with RED Epic Dragon with 24mm Zeiss Prime lens. I think the power cable for the RED should be much softer than the stock one and this was the culprit for the caused horizontal/pan shaking in my case.

Here are the Ronin MX settings for my setup:

stiffness: 73, 75, 80
strength: 40, 40, 20
outfilter: 0, 0, 0
control: 30, 60, 60
2020-4-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules