Filming in the jungle
807 6 2016-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jefferyfarrell
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hey guys. Ive just purchased my osmo and am travelling to indonesia with it and my phantom next week as i will be doing some filming of a railway built by pow during ww2. It was ripped up after the war and is now under trees and some parts are in dense jungle. Are there settings that you guys prefer to use in similar locations? Im still quite new to this stuff and leave my phantom 3 on auto most of the time but its time to start learning.

Cheers
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Not sure of the exact condition of the place you're going to shoot, I suggest you prepare some lens filters for both your drone and Osmo, you can find some cheap ones on Ebay and Amazon, and of course on DJI online store
2016-8-21
Use props
jefferyfarrell
lvl.2
New Zealand

Thanks. What would you say are the common filters that people use.
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jefferyfarrell Posted at 2016-8-22 02:37

The most common ones are a set of ND filters, or a variable filter,  both are good.  Another one you need is a polarized filter, can reduce reflections from certain surface.
2016-8-22
Use props
MartinK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68471 ft

jefferyfarrell Posted at 2016-8-22 14:37

Hi,

If you want good quality and reasonable price go with the Polar Pro filters. Exposure control is the key to a good result.

Br,
Martin
2016-8-22
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, also take lots of batteries to, I to use polar pro filters ND 4,8,16 etc
I suggest you have a practice in manual mode (in camera parameters, ISO and shutter) in different lighting conditions with different filters etc
Happy filming!
2016-8-22
Use props
jefferyfarrell
lvl.2
New Zealand

Thanks for the replies. I will have to try and buy some in singapore on the way through as i havent left myself enough time to get something shipped to my place before i leave. Thats the problem with buying new toys before going on holiday. Ive only had 3 days to play with it so far and still so much to learn. I was looking at the neewer adjustable filter but they dont send to new zealand so im not sure if i will end up getting one. Now i just need to get a z-axis and a good microphone and i should have a pretty good setup. Im looking forward to summer here so i can use it to film cars and car shows which was one of the main reasons for buying it along with the phantom.
2016-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules