11350 61 2016-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

FauxFilm Posted at 2016-8-29 11:52
ikemikek glad it worked for.

I thought it was both hilarious and sad that today I got my first resp ...

Very sorry about that. Would you please do me a favor and reply to me the email you used when you send that email? I'll blur your email address after I see it.  If you have concerns over privacy, you can also find DJI Support page on Facebook and PM me your email and a mention of this post. Thanks a lot.

Normally people get a response from the email support team within 24 hours. I'll look into this and see what's wrong.
2016-8-29
Use props
ikemikek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor,
It's great that you are going to look into this one specific issue–but really, DJI has a lot more wrong with their customer service than delayed responses and careless reps. I know it's not your fault, but seriously, something bigger needs to be done at DJI.
2016-8-29
Use props
tombrewer86
lvl.2

United Arab Emirates

Will the Focus wheel be able to be connected to the Inspire 1 remote? Can't find any data on the cable compatibility between the Osmo and Inspire 1 remote.

Thanks

2016-8-29
Use props
ikemikek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

tombrewer86 Posted at 2016-8-29 08:06
Will the Focus wheel be able to be connected to the Inspire 1 remote? Can't find any data on the cab ...

Hey Tom,
I don't own an Inspire, but I think you're out of luck using the wired Handwheel for the Inspire remote. For cross compatibility, you'll have to get the wireless DJI Focus system.
2016-8-29
Use props
rsvp.scot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why is the Osmo Pro/RAW - DJI Focus Handwheel not for sale in UK??????????
2016-8-30
Use props
Phenomenon
lvl.2

United States

Someone already asked, but, anyone know how or where to get a longer cable for the focus wheel? I am especially curious about this because eventually DJI will release z-axis for osmo pro and that cable wont reach the camera((  
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

rsvp.scot Posted at 2016-8-30 18:10
Why is the Osmo Pro/RAW - DJI Focus Handwheel not for sale in UK??????????

Not sure about that, there might be some delays on it due to logistic reasons.
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Phenomenon Posted at 2016-8-31 14:01
Someone already asked, but, anyone know how or where to get a longer cable for the focus wheel? I am ...

Don't worry, we tested it, it will work fine with Z-axis stabilizer
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

tombrewer86 Posted at 2016-8-29 21:06
Will the Focus wheel be able to be connected to the Inspire 1 remote? Can't find any data on the cab ...

No, they are not compatible. You'll need the DJI Remote focus
2016-8-31
Use props
wbut-sp
Banned

Macao

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-9-1
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any updates on when focus peaking will be enabled??
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

wbut-sp Posted at 2016-9-1 11:15
Hi all, I know the new osmo focus handwheel has no "D" button. Does the new firmware solve the probl ...

No, it doesn't have buttons. The one has buttons are Osmo remote focus, a different equipment.

For Osmo focus handwheel, you need to switch in DJI Go app. The issue is solved with new firmware.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

dopeytree Posted at 2016-9-1 13:23
Any updates on when focus peaking will be enabled??

Sorry, no, but the engineers are aware of this demand from customers, and we'll try our best to push through this new function.
2016-9-1
Use props
santhach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243921 ft

Just called DJI, firmware won't be ready til this week or next week... or the end of September. Oh DJI customer service...
2016-9-14
Use props
jakeleve
New

United States

how do I get the focus wheel to work please help. I have the latest firmware installed
2016-10-1
Use props
dcobb23.me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 633386 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where is "the D" button?  Is that in the APP? On the OSMO? I love vaugue instrucitons...
2017-3-11
Use props
Mizamook
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1121519 ft
  • >>>
United States

Um ... I got my Focus Handwheel today ... feels and looks great!  

Got my extension cable last week .. looks cool too .. looks like a cable.

Intended use:  Wired focus while Osmo RAW on jib.

Thing is .... cable no work with Focus Handwheel.  Funny ... it is a recommended accessory on both DJI site and B&H ... but one end of the 2 meter cable is a long skinny tubular thing, while both connection ends at the handwheel and on the Osmo handle are the wide flat multipin.

What?  I missed the memo I guess ...
2017-3-12
Use props
fansd7679bce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 475486 ft
Switzerland

Hi guys
Can anybody tell me if the focus handwheel works with a zenmusex5 and sono pro.
It seem doesn't work the led on focus Week is blue but nothing happened.
Any suggest?
1500221106997133680416.jpg
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansd7679bce Posted at 2017-7-16 08:02
Hi guys
Can anybody tell me if the focus handwheel works with a zenmusex5 and sono pro.
It seem doesn't work the led on focus Week is blue but nothing happened.

The DJI Focus Handwheel is specially designed for the Osmo Pro/RAW and Inspire 2.
2017-7-18
Use props
StudioJPro
lvl.1
United States

I'm a bit late in the game with this but I'm trying to work out the same issues here. I have my OSMO Pro X5 all nicely updated since Aug. 11 ,2017. Bought a Handwheel Focus 2 and a cable that needed to be purchased separately. The doggon thing wont even light up! Thought by now the bugs would be worked out but obviously not. I cant even say if I have a defective unit or not since major functionality depends on firmware updates. I have been through the ringer with reloading firmware multiple times. Customer support keeps rolling me through the same troubleshooting steps. I just need to know if I need to send this thing back and get a refund or not! I'm already screwed for my shoot tomorrow on this.
2017-8-11
Use props
Bozora
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142234 ft
Singapore

Can anyone advise if precise focusing on the focus wheel be turn off? Either on the DJI Go app or on the osmo controller.

The precise focusing is rather distracting at times
2017-10-27
Use props
DStealth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26568 ft
United Kingdom

StudioJPro Posted at 2017-8-11 07:14
I'm a bit late in the game with this but I'm trying to work out the same issues here. I have my OSMO Pro X5 all nicely updated since Aug. 11 ,2017. Bought a Handwheel Focus 2 and a cable that needed to be purchased separately. The doggon thing wont even light up! Thought by now the bugs would be worked out but obviously not. I cant even say if I have a defective unit or not since major functionality depends on firmware updates. I have been through the ringer with reloading firmware multiple times. Customer support keeps rolling me through the same troubleshooting steps. I just need to know if I need to send this thing back and get a refund or not! I'm already screwed for my shoot tomorrow on this.

I'm having the EXACT same issue! Been using my DJI Focus handwheel 2 with my Inspire 2 remote for years with no issues. Bought the communication cable to connect it to  my osmo pro raw and no power to the unit! This sort of thing is kind of ridiculous and it seems it's a problem many people have had. Why does this company release things without vigorous testing, there seems to be always something off with every release to put out
2022-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules