Yet another faulty $200+ Brand new battery from DJI
872 10 2016-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

Received my brand new inspire this morning pressed the button on the battery to test it and surprise surprise no lights. Put it on charge & still nothing, waited an hour & still nothing, so I gets on google and ends up here WOW wish I had of done that before buying it. Since I bought it online I decided I might as well pull the top and give it a jumpstart,before doing so I tested the charger and it was fine when I tested the battery it was dead flat. Using the DJI charger with some jumper leads directly to the internal terminals & balance lead disconnected I charged to 22v(surface charge that is), put it back together and away she went 1 light 2 lights 3 lights then 40 minutes later the third light started flashing on its own,quick look on google again now I find out somehow it overcharged?? Unplugged it let it sit for half an hour did a manual test and only 3 lights on,so I put it back on charge and 10 minutes later I gets the single flashing light again telling ,e it's overcharged again?... This time I decides to put it in the machine and check it on the app and straight away in red writing it tells me I have a defective battery and sure enough there is a cell down on 60%. Now I have cupboards full of lipo's none of them cost me what this one did and apart from a few over the years that I've had to cycle a few times to get them right again never have I had an issue. DJI what's going on?? We all know you never leave a lipo connected especially if it's new with only a storage charge so why are you boxing them up and selling them this way?? It's bad enough that you opted to go with a smart battery and a dumb charger but for heavens sake you own instruction manual states that you must remove the battery before storing it for a period of time! Get your act together guys and fit an isolator switch to the battery so at least it can be stored like every other standard  battery that doesn't have a power hungry internal circuit draining it whilst it's put away for the season & follow your own recommendations and don't install them before boxing them up. Seriously enough is enough sort this mess out.
2016-8-23
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

So now when I try to turn the battery on or put it on the charger #3 battery light flashes six times & then the battery turns off and won't stay on any ideas?
2016-8-23
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

you should have just called them and get a new one.
2016-8-23
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4

once a lipo is dead its dead. force charging can cause fire or explotion
2016-8-23
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4

To turn on a DJI battery first you press the button quickly and release then press and hold I have 5 DGI batteries all of them worked great last a very long time never had a day of trouble
2016-8-23
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

billwish76 Posted at 2016-8-24 08:35
you should have just called them and get a new one.

Yep I did that movies pictures etc.
2016-8-23
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

billwish76 Posted at 2016-8-24 08:37
once a lipo is dead its dead. force charging can cause fire or explotion

Yep again I'm aware of that, it wasn't until I managed to get it charging that I found a cell had already collapsed. It is possible to bring a lipo back to life(sometimes) if it's under voltage I have done this before without any issues.
2016-8-23
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

billwish76 Posted at 2016-8-24 08:39
To turn on a DJI battery first you press the button quickly and release then press and hold I have 5 ...

Yep ive read the manual & im all over turning it on & off,its the blinking six times then turning off bit that I couldn't find, it worked last night without any issues and I was able to operate the drone without any problems- any ideas on that.
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for the inconvenient caused,MadMa. I'd suggest your email support@dji.com and tech support will help you out.
2016-8-23
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-24 11:44
Sorry for the inconvenient caused,MadMa. I'd suggest your email  and tech support will help you out.

Ok I'll give them a try I had no idea I could speak to them directly, Thankyou for the advice.
2016-8-23
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

MadMat Posted at 2016-8-24 13:31
Ok I'll give them a try I had no idea I could speak to them directly, Thankyou for the advice.

Well up until now I haven't exactly been impressed with my new inspire,but I'm happy to say at least the DJI team in particular DJI Paladin have been very helpful with their advice and the customer support team have already contacted me twice so far today to see if they can help me out.
2016-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules