Inspire Raw Firmware Upgrade Problems - Red flashing light
2448 3 2016-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gannonhall
New
Flight distance : 2283 ft
United States

I've been banging my head against a wall for days now trying to upgrade the firmware of my Inspire 1 w/ zenmuse X5 (Raw) I think it's called now. The Zenmuse was an upgrade from the stock inspire 1 camera. I upgraded the firmware of the controller, quad, camera and batteries a few months ago. I was going to use it for the first time since then and the go app tells me to upgrade the firmware of my controller. I do this. Then DJI Go tells me the inspire and camera firmware need upgrading. So, as I've done countless times before I download the latest firmware fromhttp://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1-pro-and-raw/info (Inspire 1 RAW Firmware v01.09.01.30), unzip the archive, copy the .bin file to an sd card, put the SD card in the camera, and with the controller off, start up the inspire (with a full battery). The inspire does its start-up dance (the camera moves around), then makes the beep.... beep, beep sound. But then the LED flashes Red. It does not flash red, green, red, green as it is supposed to while it's doing a firmware upgrade (or the way it used to work. I've tried a different SD card. Tried a different battery. Reconnected the camera... nothing works. I also just tried running it (thinking the red flashing was the new firmware loading color. The battery ran out eventually. Now I have it doing it again. It just flashes red. Any ideas?
2016-8-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Do you own the X5 Raw camera system ?  It is not the same as the X5 . The Raw just came out recently   Just want to clarify this first .
The X5  and The X5 Raw are 2 very different cameras, ( Similar in looks yes )  if you are using the Raw firmware for the Pro , it will react accordingly. .  If so simple mistake, just load the Inspire Pro Fw on the aircraft and try it again.  

Also if you are using a MAC for the install of the firmware.... if so  try a PC, the MAC's for some reason do not ( Not Always ) format the SD card properly.

When you take the SD card out, what does it say in the log ?  does it say 'Abort "  "Success "  Etc.

Also in the futrue always update the Aircraft first .

donnie

2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

As Donnie advised, please try reformatting the SD card and try again. It would be helpful to get a screenshot of what you are seeing in the DJI Go app and you About section as well just to get a better visual as to where you are in the process. Providing either the AB LOG file (for success, abort, etc) to see if there is any actual attempt by the camera to update.
2016-8-23
Use props
gannonhall
New
Flight distance : 2283 ft
United States

That is what had me confused. I bought the inspire 1 and later upgraded the camera to the Zenmuse X5. For some reason thought they were now calling this the RAW, to differentiate from the X3 camera, or the stock inspire camera. Anyway I will use a PC to reformat the SD card and then load the Pro FW. Will report back if I have issues. Thanks for the tips guys.
2016-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules