P3S - altitude question with POI
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hurring1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369199 ft
Australia

Hello All

I have just ordered my first drone, experience with aircraft and gliders.
I have been looking at videos etc with the POI function, I assume that if I set a POI and then move the drone out from it and at an altitude that when I activate the flight the drone will remain at that height.
The reason for the question is that if I was on a cliff point and I wanted to circle around, when the drone went past the land it would drop down in altitude, or does it rmain at the point I set over land??
Hope this makes sense.

Adrian

2016-8-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No, it remains at the altitude you set over land. And while it is performing the POI, you can alter the altitude, as well as yaw the aircraft to re-frame the shot.
2016-8-23
Use props
hurring1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369199 ft
Australia

Excellent thanks Geebax, that makes me happier to have a play now.
2016-8-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

hurring1 Posted at 2016-8-24 12:28
Excellent thanks Geebax, that makes me happier to have a play now.

I do POIs quite often, so I let it orbit several times around the subject, and for the first couple of passes, I adjust everything to get the best framing and exposure, then use the last orbit.
2016-8-23
Use props
wmichaels1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-24 02:06
I do POIs quite often, so I let it orbit several times around the subject, and for the first coupl ...

Interesting.  Out of curiosity, what speed do normally orbit?  I realize the orbit's diameter can dictate that to some degree, but as a rule of thumb, what's a good speed?  
2016-8-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

wmichaels1 Posted at 2016-8-25 05:41
Interesting.  Out of curiosity, what speed do normally orbit?  I realize the orbit's diameter can  ...

I use around 3 Metres per second as my orbit speed. My subjects are bridges, mostly quite large, so you need to orbit them quickly or you bore the viewer.
2016-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules