Fragile design of the DJI Inspire 1 (Be careful and gentle!)
1603 10 2016-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123104 ft
Russia

Fragile design of the DJI Inspire 1 (Be careful and gentle!)

Wiping the dust on the DJI Inspire 1 and apparently when I took it of the top white plastic cap (Airframe Top Cover) it could not bear the weight of the AirCraft and cracked!
1. How serious is this crack (see photo), can it fly or necessary to replace immediately the item?
2. Can I self replace the Airframe Top Cover, because there is to cover anything not rigidly attached?
3. DJI had to stick a label on the Airframe Top Cover with a crossed-out hand - to take PROHIBITED! For airplane travel, and especially to move Inspire1 take only the chassis!

Вытирал пыль на DJI Inspire 1 и видимо когда брал его за верхнюю белую пластмассовую крышку она не выдержала веса коптера и треснула!
1. Насколько критична эта трещина (см. фото), можно ли с ней летать или нужно обязательно заменять сразу деталь.
2. Можно ли заменить эту деталь самостоятельно, там ведь к крышке ничего жёстко не крепиться?
3. Нужно было сделать наклейку на этой крышке с перечёркнутой рукой - что браться за неё нельзя! Передвигать и тем более переносить коптер ТОЛЬКО взявшись за его штанги шасси!

2016-8-24
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

Just buy a new one they are cheap.....................................
http://www.helipal.com/djinsp-31 ... ame-nose-cover.html
2016-8-24
Use props
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Russia

n2stuff Posted at 2016-8-25 05:16
Just buy a new one they are cheap.....................................
http://www.helipal.com/djinsp ...

Yes it is clear, but not to change them every time you forget what hands to take a AirCraft for Airframe Top Cover prohibited!
So I recommend everyone to make such a sticker, not to forget about it.
2016-8-25
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

ROSTOVisualFX Posted at 2016-8-25 16:03
Yes it is clear, but not to change them every time you forget what hands to take a AirCraft for Air ...

And never use this area as a seat they break every time if you do ;)
2016-8-25
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Not sure what happened to you OP, but I have always carried my Inspire by the top (since March last year) and the cover is fine. No signs of cracking.
2016-8-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

MadMat Posted at 2016-8-25 04:57
And never use this area as a seat they break every time if you do ;)

Mad Mat, that is funny, thanks for that one...

donnie
2016-8-25
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

A crack on the top site can never be from carrying it
2016-8-25
Use props
IamShado
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

Owned my Inspire for over a year and never had any issues carrying from the top.  Crashed it, dropped it, kit threw toys on it.  No signs of cracking.  
2016-8-25
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Been carrying from the top of the aircraft since April. No issues. No cracking. I don't know what you did with yours or how you handled it.
2016-8-25
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-25 21:40
Mad Mat, that is funny, thanks for that one...

I just couldn't resist that one
2016-8-25
Use props
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Russia

Really maybe because when I was wiping the dust holding the top cover tilted it sideways to delete dust and bottom. It is possible that it cracked due to lateral loads.

Maybe if only to move gently holding it in a horizontal position then Airframe Top Cover some time and will endure. But if holding the Airframe Top Cover to tilt the AirCraft in different directions to remove dust — in that case AirframeTopCover will crack.
2016-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules