Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Hey

I posted this elsewhere but got nowhere so...repost

I just received a Du Bro prop balancer today. So I hook up to my DJI Carbon Props, first the right hand thread, OK a little sanding and they are good. Then the left hand thread. Woah, the hub is heavy. Took off a fair amount and it started getting close. (I did spin the prop on the machine looking for something looking 'off'). Looked ok from the top of the prop. Checked the next left hand thread and it had the same problem. Started to take off some material and got to thinking OK something is going on here. Spun the prop again but this time looked at the prop from the bottom. There it is. The hub does not look concentric on the bottom side. Hooked up the first one again and it too looked the same. So something is off in the manufacturing on the left-hand threaded props.
So I guess I have a couple questions, has there been some issues known with these? And is there some kind of warranty? I bought these mid July.

Will probably shoot a video of the issue later.
2016-8-24
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably not much of a warranty on a product you sanded on. Not sure though. I've never had any issues with any of mine.
2016-8-24
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

Have three sets of the DJI CF reinforced blades and never had an issue with balance.  I don't use sanding method.  A small piece of tape on the back near the hub usually nails it.  I think I know what you're seeing though as I did have one set where the "paint" was off and made the hub look out of whack, but even those balanced fine.  Sorry yours are giving you fits..
2016-8-24
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-25 08:30
Have three sets of the DJI CF reinforced blades and never had an issue with balance.  I don't use sa ...

Yeah the right hand props were slightly heavy on one blade but the left hand props where heavy (real heavy) on the side of the hub such that the blades were level.
2016-8-24
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

Here is a quick video showing the non-concentric hub which is causing the out of balance condition.
2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Call 818-235-0789 and include the video link in the  ticket and see if anything can be done.
Since they've been sanded I'm not sure but doesn't hurt to try.
2016-8-25
Use props
guns&cameras
lvl.2

United States

I bought these and have no issues what so ever...
2016-8-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

guns&cameras Posted at 2016-8-26 05:13
I bought these and have no issues what so ever...

Aluminum or Composite hub?
2016-8-26
Use props
guns&cameras
lvl.2

United States

Composite hub.
2016-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules