P3 4K mid flight compass errors I need help please
758 6 2016-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trevor957
lvl.1

Canada

I've had my p3 for almost 2 weeks and every time I take it out I get random compass errors and switches to Atti mode on its own in mid flight ..I've had it happen at 30m and as low as 6m ..also today I started getting gimbal motor overload message for the first time, I'm new to dji and haven't been further then 100m away due to me being a newbie with this drone
I'm flying in a high school football field and doing a compass calibration at the 50 yard line and really nothing around that should affect it am I doing something wrong? So many questions and don't know where to turn im a bit lost and frustrated I hope someone can help
2016-8-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I have no idea about your local footaball field, but many of them have buried pipes to irrigate the field. If you calibrated on top of a pipe that would adversely affect your calibration.
2016-8-24
Use props
trevor957
lvl.1

Canada

No water pipes in this old field and even the uprights are made from a pvc type plastic ...could a belt buckle course a problem? I empty my pockets and never wear rings and watches
2016-8-24
Use props
trevor957
lvl.1

Canada

What's weird is it seems to happen after 10-15 mins into my flight ...everything is fine then boom it switches to Atti mode and shows compass error and gimbal motor overload
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello trevor957,have you tried to calibrate the compass in other open field? For the gimbal overload issue, I'd suggest you to calibrate the gimbal and try again. Make sure there are no obstacles on the gimbal. If it still persists, please contact our US tech support and send it in. DJI US.JPG
2016-8-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

trevor957 Posted at 2016-8-25 15:32
No water pipes in this old field and even the uprights are made from a pvc type plastic ...could a b ...

I doubt the belt buckle would cause a problem, they are most often made out of non-magnetic metal. Wirth regard to the gimbal overload issue, have you removed the small foam plastic packing piece behind the gimbal arm?
2016-8-24
Use props
trevor957
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-paladin I have calibrated the gimbal and imu and tried a second gimbal calibration today .. I have tried different empty fields around me ...looks like I'm gonna have to call it in and probably send it away to be fixed which is a bummer cause I've hardly got to fly it

And Geebax that little foam block was the first thing I removed when I took the unit out of the box
2016-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules